Chapter 10: I'm sorry

~Tsukiko’s P.O.V~

I love you.

My eyes widened in shock. Did he just…

He pulled his lips from mine and placed them by my ear. “I love you.” He whispered huskily. He slipped his arms around my waist and kissed me with more passion.

Someone’s outside watching you…

Ehh? I was about to pull away when Kuroi Kami stopped me.

Don’t they’ll know something’s up if you do that.

I mentally nodded. I let him pull me down onto the bed with him, not breaking the kiss. I felt his hand snaking its way up my shirt. I placed one of my hands on top of his, “Not tonight,” I murmured against his lips.

He pulled away, “Sorry.”

I traced my finger across his mouth. This was the first and last time I’d touch these lips. I couldn’t involve him any further. I didn’t want to hurt these innocent people. I let my hand fall back on my chest. I pulled myself from underneath him, dragging him beside me, lying under the blankets. I snuggled close to him; enjoy his warmth for as long as I could.

I soon felt his shallow breathing and knew he was asleep. I slowly got out of his arms and pushed myself off the bed, making sure not to wake him.

I’m sorry. I’m not the girl you need to make you happy. I’ll only bring bloodshed and sorrow. You’ll forget about me soon enough.

I grabbed my things and walked out the door, leaving the village behind.

Tsukiko, the man from earlier, try and read his thoughts, try and figure out what he wants with you.

I did as I was asked but I didn’t hear anything. I couldn’t even sense his presence. I knew he was there yet I couldn’t do anything about it. For the first time in a long time I felt it. Fear. Fear of what I couldn’t control. Fear of not knowing. Fear of losing.

Suddenly my body stopped and I realized Kuroi Kami took over.

Calm yourself!

I didn’t realize I was trembling.

Don’t let your guard down! You can do this… believe in yourself.

I took a deep breath.

Thank you Kuro.

Don’t just nickname me.

I giggled. Even if he was angry. Even if a person was threatening to kill me for all I know. Even if I had to leave the one I love behind. He was someone I could depend on. Someone who I could trust.

I continued walking; the guy would sooner or later make a mistake or show himself to me. I just had to wait. When I sat and rested near a tree I finally broke down. The tears seemed endless as they smeared the ground. After hours of crying I felt a little better knowing that it could have been worse. My eyes were puffy and swollen as I looked up at the moon, falling into a restless sleep.

Get up… now!

I opened my eyes to find a village. The tree was just outside of its limits. I saw smoke rising and realize it was aflame. I heard the cry’s of the villagers panicking. I ran into the village in hopes of stopping the fire. I saw a little child trapped in a burning house. I did a few hand signs, creating a ball of water and threw it at the fire. I hurried to the door and kicked it open pulling the child out safely.

Its mother ran up to him and hugged him, “Thank you very m—“ but I was already running around trying to put the little fires out.

After I managed to put them all out the villagers thank me. I just turned my back and continued walking; as I did this I raise my hand in a little wave. I began to question if that was a coincidence that it just happened to be on fire when I was nearby.

 What do think?

I’m sure it’s the person who is shadowing you.

But what is their motive? Do they want me dead or are they testing me?

I don’t know. All we can do is keep going and find out.

I nodded. When I got back to the tree there was a note carved into it.

‘You did well with that, but will you be able to help the next one?’

“So you are testing me…” I muttered.

I read the rest of the note. ‘If you fail I’ll have to punish you. Which person should I take first?’

Sasuke was the first to pop into my mind. I angrily grabbed my things and continued walking. I was getting played but someone I didn’t even know. This pissed me off even more. I stopped, took a deep breath to calm down.  I need to think normally. I needed to lose these troublesome emotions. I need to win.

I swear if you hurt anyone, once I find you, I will kill you…