Chapter 9: Hospitalized

~ Tsukiko’s P.O.V~

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. What’s that sound? I slowly opened my eyes. All I could see was the cold white ceiling. Where am I?

“I see you’re awake.”

I turned my head to the sound, it was the Hokage. I tried to sit up but was hit with a wave of pain spreading through my arms.

 “Don’t get up yet; you’ve been sleeping for the past three days.”

 Three days? “Sasuke…” I croaked out.

“He’s fine; do you want to see him?”

I nodded, not trusting my voice. After my stiff muscles started to work normally, I walked into the room Sasuke was put into. I noticed a lot of people had come to visit him. Some people I knew, most I didn’t. Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi looked over at me as I walked in. The rest did the same.

I felt a little embarrassed and my eyes slowly turned purple. “Hi…” my voice was still hoarse. 

Naruto got up and said, “Guys this is Tsukiko. Tsukiko this is…” he pointed to a guy with red hair and sea foam green eyes then went down the line.

“Gaara.”

“Shikamaru.”

“Ino.”

“H-Hinata.” The last girl stuttered and I could see her face redden as Naruto pointed to her. She must like him.

I smiled and nodded. I gazed over at Sasuke. His chest was bandaged and was hooked up to the same machines that I was. It pissed me off. As my eyes became a dull red I noticed an open chair beside his bed and went over and sat in it.

I noticed the others left and I was thankful for that. I gripped his hand. I was the cause of this. He was like this because of me. I was truly an abomination. I felt my hand get wet. Tears. I silently cried for I don’t know how long. I sensed someone’s presence at the door and turned around.

 “Brother…”

He nodded. I don’t know how I knew it was him, instinct I guess. I ran into his arms. “I thought you were dead.”

I looked up at him and he just shook his head. He told me what he had been doing for the last 10 years.

“I don’t know what I’ll do now, but I just wanted to tell you that I was alive.”

I nodded. “Thanks.”

For the next two days I didn’t leave. I didn’t eat and I barely slept. The only time I left was to use the washroom. The hospital people tried to get me to leave, but soon after gave up. I was still in a hospital gown after all. Still gripping Sasuke’s hand I fell into a restless sleep.

 ~Sasuke’s P.O.V~

Ughh. I opened my eyes. Where am I? I felt something touching my hand and saw Tsukiko sleeping. She became restless and I removed my hand from her grip and patted her head. “Shh, it’s alright.”

Her body tensed, “Sasuke…” she looked up and I saw the tears falling.

I panicked, she smiled and hugged me. So she was crying out of happiness?

I squirmed a little in her arms, the pain in my chest throbbing. She let go. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay.”  I pulled her back into my arms, ignoring the pain it caused. I was just glad she was alright.

 After hearing about the Kuroi Kami and everything after it I could see her fidgeting.

“I don’t think that you are a monster.”

She looked up at me with a sad smile. She thought I was lying. I started to lean forward, I was just inches from those pale pink lips that I wanted so bad when Naruto busted in screaming, “YOU’RE AWAKE!”

I leaned back away from Tsukiko. “Thanks a lot dobe.” I muttered to myself. I could see her face slightly go red. I smirked.

After everyone came and visited I was released from the hospital. I changed into the usual blue shirt and white shorts. Tsukiko changed as well. She was in the sweats she borrowed from me as her ninja outfit wasn’t exactly ready to wear at the moment.

It had just gotten dark and was a little chilly when we walked home. I looked up at the sky; the moon was full and bright as ever. I liked the feeling of being enveloped in the moonlight. It was a comforting feeling that made me forget the pain.

Tsukiko broke the silence. “I’m sorry.”

“For what,”I pointed to my chest, “This? I got this myself and I don’t think it’s your fault and you shouldn’t either.”

Suddenly someone came out of the shadows. “Brother…?”

He walked pass her and stood in front of me. He rested his hand of my shoulder and whispered, “Take care of her. Don’t break her heart.” And with that he just left.

Tsukiko was just as confused as I was, if not more. She didn’t ask what he said and I wasn’t going to tell her either. Once home I changed into a pair of sweat pants and re-bandaged my chest. It was pretty well healed. As I walked into my room I saw Tsukiko starting at my chest with the same sad expression.

“I said it wasn’t your fault.” I walked over to her; she backed up against the wall.  I grabbed her hand placing it on my bandaged chest. “I’d get this wound repeatedly if it was for you. You’re all I think about day and night. So stop looking at it with that sad expression. I wouldn’t change anything.” With that said she looked up and I saw her eyes a mixture of gold, pink and purple.

I smirked than tilted her chin up with my finger and placed my lips on hers.

I love you.