Chapter 8: Tsukiko's awakening

Kenta enter the room. I was surprised, but now that I think about it the whole rain village wanted me dead, and that included him. I wonder if the rest even know he’s gone. That I'm gone?

Kenta walked up to me and pushed the kunai even deeper into my arm. I bit my lip keeping myself from screaming, and giving him the satisfaction of it.

“It doesn’t matter if you scream or not. You’ll die either way.”Kenta said in a smug tone.

“Like hell that’s gonna happen.” I breathed.

“I'm sure your friends,” his voice was as venomous as a snake, “will be here shortly.”

My eyes widened. He wanted me to watch them be killed, like so many years ago. How much more pain and suffering can one person have, till it kills them inside and out?  I heard the oh so familiar sound of people running. They were here. They shouldn’t have come. They should have left me for dead. Idiots.

I tried to get out of my chains but to no prevail. I pulled ever which way, feeling the throb of my arm as it began bleeding profusely. I refused to give in. The pain of my arm was nothing compared to what my already broken heart was about to feel.

The door suddenly went flying, just inches away from where Kenta was standing. “I see there here.” Kenta muttered.

“Tsukiko!” Sasuke hollered once seeing me.

“Take care of them,” Kenta ordered with a wave of his hand. “Kazuya, why don’t you take care of that boy.” He said pointing at Sasuke.

Kazuya stepped out of the shadows, his mouth was masked but I could see a small scar just below his left eye. Kazuya the Shadow Demon, an S class criminal no one could ever catch. “As you’ve ordered.”

I wasn’t even sure Kakashi could handle him. “Run, Sasuke!” I screamed franticly. Kenta grabbed the kunai and thrust it into my left arm. I bit my lip to the point of breaking the skin.

Sasuke did the opposite of what I asked. He was going to stand his ground. He was going to fight, even if it cost him.

I watched as Kazuya stalked towards him. Sasuke threw a round of punches and kicks, not one landing a hit. He threw another punch, aiming for Kazuya’s face. Kazuya caught it effortlessly then picked Sasuke up by the throat and chucked him; he went through the wall of the cabin.

After walking back in I could see he had a kunai ready and his sharingan activated. It was the first time I’ve seen it. His red eyes looked determined. I heard them clash weapons as I tried to wiggle out of the chains. Suddenly I heard the sickly sound of metal cutting through flesh. I looked up to see Kazuya quickly slice Sasuke’s chest. Blood burst from the wound, spraying Kazuya.

“SASUKE!!”

His body fell to the floor. It was like slow motion. Everything was surreal.

Let me show you power…

My anger bubbled within me, threatening to over flow. I quickly gave into the melodious voice. My body was engulfed in a black flame-like substance. I felt power swelling up inside as I broke free from the chains.

Suddenly I was pushed into the back of my body. I could only watch as my body, controlled by whatever this power was began to attack.

I watched as my now claw like hand tore Kenta, his subordinates and Kazuya to pieces, splashing me with their blood.

Stop this!

After what they did you? You care for their lives? Humans are such grotesque creatures.

What are you?

I'm known by the Maindotatchiclan as Kuroi Kami. Once every hundred years I am born within a child in your clan.

Why?

Long ago your ancestors summoned me, creating a contract, they would give a body and I’d use my power to protect them.

Then why didn’t you protect them? They were killed years ago, murdered.

There are two things that are need for me to awaken, one you need to be of age, two I awake to strong emotions like when you were hit with sorrow over that boy.

Alright. They’re all dead, give me my body back.

Since I’ve awakened, I’ll always be here.

I finally regained control over my body.  I saw a broken mirror out of the corner of my eye. I was a hot mess. My clothes were covered in blood. Mostly theirs. My skin was coated in interknit tattoos.  My eyes were white; they were like the dead’s eyes, covered in a milky film. My hair had also turned white and had grown longer and fuller. It kind of reminded me of a lion’s mane. Then there was the blood stained claws.

I looked like a monster. No, I was a monster. A monster I pretended not to be. I saw Sasuke’s bloody body and ran over to him.

“Sasuke…” I laid my head on his chest, trying to find a heartbeat. It was barely there. I tried to think, I didn’t really know any healing. I knew very little but I tried anyway. I managed to stop the bleeding when Naruto and Sakura came over.

“Tsukiko?” Naruto whispered cautiously.

I nodded.

“What happened to you?” He asked.

“It’s a long story. Too long to explain right now. I explain everything later. I’ll tell you whatever you want to know ok?”

Sakura laid her eyes on Sasuke. “He needs medical attention. We need to leave… right… now—“ I slowly lost consciousness, falling onto Sasuke chest.

~ Katashi’s P.O.V~

I watched as Tsukiko was engulfed in a black flame as she slowly transformed. The Kuroi Kami. I watched her shred apart the man who I’d came to kill. The murder of my clan. She was as savage and cruel if not more than I would have been. I turned to Itachi and gave him my cloak and ring. It was part of the deal. I would stay with them till the man I was hunting was dead.

I turned back to Tsukiko and saw her lose consciousness.