Chapter 3: New Home

I was walking with Sasuke to his house. As we were walking I saw a sign that read ‘Uchiha Compound’. So his last name is Uchiha? When we were walking through I saw a bunch of houses but no people.

“Where is everyone?” I asked. I looked at him. His face hardened.

“They were murdered.” He said coldly. Now I wish I never brought it up.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered softly. I knew what it was like not having a family. I felt my eyes changing to blue. I was thinking about my clan when Sasuke broke my train of thought.

“What does blue mean?” He asked, trying to change the subject.

“Sad.” I didn’t want to tell him but I felt I had to.

“What do the others mean?”

“Green means calm, red means angry or frustrated, Golden means happy, pink means lust or love, purple means embarrassed, brown means sick and black means pain.”

“So you were angry with Sakura at training?”

“Just something she thought that pissed me off, that’s all no biggie.” I said shrugging it off. He didn’t press any father.

We stopped walking and ended up in front of a small house.

“We’re here.” He said unlocking the door and gestured for me to enter. I followed him inside. It was a simple place; Kitchen, living room, bathroom and a bedroom. His bedroom. So I'm on the couch.

I put my things in the living room and called out, “I’ll make supper, what do you want?”

“I know how to cook.” Sasuke said walking into the living room.

“Maybe so but since you’re letting me stay here the least I could do is cook dinner.”

“Fine, I’m going to take a shower.” He stated heading to the bathroom.

“Wait, what do you want?” I asked grabbing his arm before he could go take a shower. He thought for a moment before speaking.

“Omusubi (Rice balls) will do.” I let go of his arm and he went to take his shower.

I made my way to the kitchen. Now where the hell is the rice? After I finished making the rice balls I saw a couple tomatoes in the fridge and sliced them up.    Sasuke came out in only a towel that was wrapped around his waist. He was drying his hair with a different towel.

“Smells good.” He said coming up behind me.

I jumped, “Holy shit do you have to sneak up on me like that?”

He chuckled. I saw he only had a towel on and I could felt my cheeks heating up. He walked over to the table and sat down. I placed the rice balls and tomatoes in front of him. His eyes widened in surprise when he noticed the tomatoes.

“You like tomatoes too?”

Mhmm was all I could manage to say because I was already stuffing my face with food. He laughed again and mumbled something like,” You’re almost as bad as Naruto.”

After dinner, I decided that I probably should take a shower. I looked down; I probably should wash my clothes too. Wish I had something else to wear.

“Hey Sasuke?”

“Yeah?” He said looking at me.

“Mind if I take a shower and wash my clothes?”

“Go for it.”

“Do you have some sweats that I could wear while I wash my clothes?” I gestured to what I was wearing, “This is all the clothing I have.”

 “Yeah I’m sure I can find something. Go take your shower I’ll leave them by the door.”

“Ok.” I walked into the bathroom. I turned the water on and pealed my clothes off. I stepped into the shower. I shivered as the hot water hit my skin. I quickly washed my hair and body. I stood there just letting the water relax my muscles. I guess I should get out now. I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself before opening the door. In a neat pile were a blue t-shirt and a pair of grey sweat pants.

 I grabbed them, shut the door and quickly and swiftly put them on. The sweat pants were a little long so I decided to roll them up to my knee. I walked to the living room and grabbed my guitar. I sat on the couch and sang “Misguided Ghosts” by Paramore.     

(1,2,3,4)

I'm going away for a while

But I'll be back, don't try and follow me

'Cause I'll return as soon as possible

See I'm trying to find my place

But it might not be here where I feel safe

We all learn to make mistakes

And run

From them, from them

With no direction

We'll run from them, from them

With no conviction

'Cause I'm just one of those ghosts

Traveling endlessly

Don't need no road

In fact they follow me

And we just go in circles

Now I'm told that this is life

And pain is just a simple compromise

So we can get what we want out of it

Would someone care to classify,

Our broken hearts and twisted minds

So I can find someone to rely on

And run

To them, to them

Full speed ahead

Oh you are not, Useless

We are just

Misguided ghosts

Traveling endlessly

The ones we trusted the most

Pushed us far away

And there's no one road

We should not be the same

But I'm just a ghost

And still they echo me

They echo me in circles

I heard clapping when I finished. I turned and saw that Sasuke was in just a pair of sweats, watching me intensely.

“I didn’t know you played guitar, or that you sang.”

“Um, yeah.” I felt my eyes changing from green to purple. I never played in front of people before.

Sasuke laughed, he must have noticed my eyes. “Don’t worry I thought it was great.”

Thanks.I didn’t quite trust my voice. I looked out the living room window and saw that it was dark. Sasuke noticed too and said, “You can sleep in my bed ill take the couch.”

I walked into his room to see a king sized bed. We both can sleep in here I don’t mind. Your bed is HUGE!

Are you sure?” he asked laughing.

“Yeah I’d feel bad kicking you to the couch when there so much room in here.”

I grabbed my stuff from the living room and dropped it in the corner of his room. I pulled back the blue sheets and feel asleep. I had a dream, only it wasn’t a dream but a nightmare.