𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴...

𝚂𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚆:

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 twenty-one

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: mentions of death, mentions of murder, mentions of sexual acts, strong language

𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 4.0k

━━♡♤♡━━

"How could you be so careless?! You put people's lives at risk with an ability you haven't used in years!"

It has been exactly six days since any of us have addressed the incident on the roof. I don't think any of us were either if it weren't for the blistering story headlining all of the news tonight about a murder in a city. A murder awfully similar to mine... if you catch my drift.

My ears are burning and I can feel the blood seeping out of them. Well, not literally but figuratively. The room I'm sitting in is no fun without Chrollo as just his luggage sits by the doorway. Standing next to it is Phinks wearing a stale expression for his enraged girlfriend pacing the room. Pakunoda's not dressed in her suit anymore as she's wearing a robe and matching slippers. Despite the scent of anger, she smells like fresh linen and soap. She looks pretty in her natural state although... she looks pretty regardless.

"What's gotten into your mind?!" She glares at me with temporary exasperation. I don't take her words to heart as I understand her irritation. Pakunoda's face is swollen red as she rubs the bridge of her nose.

I clear my throat before offering an answer "That was my ex-boyfriend."

I've caught Pakunoda's attention now as she raises an eyebrow. Phinks too is a little surprised as she shifts from his position at the door to behind Paku. She takes a seat before me as the once upset expression has been wiped from her completely.

"Was he?..." She trails off already knowing where this is going.

"Yes." I sigh a little tired of thinking about the memories "That is why Chrollo called for the exorcism so soon. He planned on attacking him as his first order of business. Besides, you know ...the chain user."

Phinks looks surprised "Chrollo really cares about you kid."

I look up at him nodding "I know and I'm thankful he does. But could we stop talking about this Chrollo should be up soon?"

"Did all of this happen before we picked you up?" Pakunoda won't drop the topic. I roll my eyes internally.

"Yes. I lost my powers for a while and couldn't gain them back. That's why I was so...defenseless." I mutter out with annoyance so she'll get the hint.

"I guess I never read that part of your memories." She does. I shrug now as I still haven't fully grasped the situation myself. Awkwardly, I am very proud of myself. And thankful that Chrollo wasn't here to see it. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders with that man's death. Frankly, I don't think this feeling would alleviate if I hadn't killed him myself. The chains that had been confining my arms and legs have melted away along with any feelings of anxiety.