𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴...

𝚂𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚆:

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 seventeen

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: mentions of death, mentions of murder, mentions of sexual acts, strong language

𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 5.7k

━━♡♤♡━━

Scalding hot liquid rests comfortably against my chilly and awfully chapped lips as it slips past the entrance of my mouth. My face seems to shrink and swell up at the sudden temperature...and taste. I pull the cup from my lips looking down at it with a repulsed face.

"What is this?" I question, still glaring at the paper cup. Chrollo chuckles next to me as his nose is shoved into some philosophy book. He doesn't look over at me as his deep grey eyes continue to scan the french words on the page. I stare at the object for a while trying to piece together what the book is about. From the time I spent in elementary school I studied many different languages. The basic skill came in handy even in some of the most peculiar times.

"That drink is black coffee." Chrollo hums, closing the book and looking over at me. He stares at the cup gripped tightly in my grasp. His smile is faint and distant. With an unreadable expression he looks back at me.

"This is not black coffee." I stick out my tongue remembering the bitter taste "Black coffee is supposed to have flavor. This tastes like sink water and feet."

Chrollo laughs this time a little louder as he closes the book. It sits on his lap as he takes the cup out of my hand. I watch with a smirk as he takes a generous sip of the horrid liquid. He swallows after a small second and quickly looks over at me. He frowns now, placing the cup back in my empty hand.

"Well, it is not the worst tasting coffee. However It's not good either." He muses trying to swallow down the aftertaste. I simply laughed, placing the cup down on the nightstand next to the aircraft bed. My phone lit up as soon as the cup was nestled into the holder. I picked it up glancing down at the screen. An incoming call caught my attention as I accepted.

"Sparrow speaking." I answered, placing the device on the speaker option.

"Happy Birthday Sparrow!!"

A voluminous amount of happy voices exploded through the speakers on the phone as my ears perked up. The young and fruitful voices were like off-key music to my ears as I recognized who was on the opposite end of the phone. Heat rose to my cheeks as I scrambled to gather my words.

"Guys, my birthday isn't until tomorrow-" I was cut off by Loren's distant voice.

"We know! But back home it's already twelve o'clock!" He clarified with the rest of the kids agreeing in the background.