𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚

𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴...

𝚂𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚆:

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 twelve

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: mentions of death, mentions of murder, mentions of sexual acts, strong language

𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 4.0k

━━♡♤♡━━

My eyes studied the bun I had slicked my hair into. I had forgotten previously to retrieve my straightener from my home. And now my thick hair sat upon my head more unmanageable than before since it curled - and frizzed. Though I was thankful for having curly hair and overall I thought it was stunning, it made me feel self conscious most of the time since it was so different from the hairstyles usually worn by the women in town. Especially in the warmer months for my own peace of mind I kept it tucked away or bone straight. It wasn't a debate whether straight hair was superior to curly; because it simply wasn't. Hair is hair, but the pressure that I involuntarily put upon myself to fit in canceled out that belief.

I ran some more smoothing balm and gel through the canopy of my hair now and sighed. The brown brush that had peeling wood fell into my grasp as I smoothed my hair back once again to plaster my strands down. Once I positioned the hair at the nape of my neck I pulled the rubber band tightly securing the ponytail. On the last tie the band snapped, slapping me in the neck before flying to the floor.
"Fuck." I cursed to myself frustratedly. I bent down to discard the black string before rummaging through my bag of hair supplies.

Just as my luck would have it there weren't anymore ties. Now I was ticked off. Frustratedly I ran my hands back through my curls trying to fluff them. Luckily it wasn't molded into stiffness since I hadn't put that much product on it. It fell on my shoulders and exposed back and I fluffed my bangs.

Annoyingly they weren't at the tip of my nose anymore and hung at my chin. I tucked them away behind my ears now not wanting to be bothered by them obstructing my vision.

Somewhat satisfied with my rather unusual appearance I left the bathroom and bedroom altogether. The hallway was not flooded with light today for it was gloomy outside. It was the perfect weather for me since I preferred things to be cold. Due to my nen ability I was always abnormally warm than I liked and being in cold environments helped balance that out.

I took the elevator down from the third floor to the first greeted with the empty grand entrance. I stayed still for a while trying to listen for any noise that could possibly radiate through the residence. Ultimately I was greeted with silence and no aura whatsoever. Due to that I was able to determine that the kids had left for the day and Chrollo was somewhere out of my reach. Now it was up to me to actually search for him within the house.