𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴...

𝚂𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙾𝚆:

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 fourteen

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀: mentions of death, mentions of murder, mentions of sexual acts, strong language

𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁: 5.0k

━━♡♤♡━━

My eyes must have been bigger than my stomach as I'm sitting in front of a decorated plate of salad and chicken. My mind was not aiding the pain in my stomach as I began to run down a list of everything I could do to possibly psych myself out. Having a stomach ache for me was rare. Though I knew exactly why I was in a great deal of physical pain at the moment. Truth be told I was scared. I was dreading the end of the week when I had to board the aircraft and fly back to my home island.

There were so many things I didn't want to see. It would be a first-hand experience at reliving my own trauma. When Chrollo proposed the idea I should not have nodded my head like a confused toddler. I should have said "no" and suggested a different option. Anything would have been a better diversion for me.

I looked up from the plate in my hands now at the two boys - and girl - talking amongst themselves. Their plates had been emptied and they were now enjoying a dessert of pecan ice cream. Cecilia had made the ice cream in the morning and suggested that we could all enjoy it after dinner. As much as I wanted to taste some I was sure the dairy would be the best concoction to actually make me vomit instead of feeling nauseous.

Bennet turned to me now as his bright blue eyes glanced at me excitedly "We are going back to butler quarters to play cards. Do you want to join?"

The kids had invited me a few nights ago to the butlers' quarters for some without Chrollo. Their house was incredibly clean and warm. Definitely cozier than the main house. I was their guest for a few hours as they treated me to different games and other activities. Most of the day the boys tried teaching Cecilia some fighting techniques she could use since she is wheelchair-bound. She seemed to take advantage of her skills well for she continued to hear us in each round of our games. The card game itself was something the boys from Meteor City had picked up. It was quite intricate yet after a few rounds I felt confident enough to be the second to last player.

I shook my head slightly, still holding my plate in my lap. "No guys, I think I'm going to head to bed early."

Cecilia frowned now as her wide brown eyes peered up to me "What?! This early?! Sparrow, are you okay?"

"Yes, Cee I'm fine. Just exhausted." I vaguely answer, flashing her a convincing smile. She returns the favor now turning her head back to her friends. They are still chattering amongst themselves, paying us girls no mind.