Chapter 4

The ticking sound of the clock that hung on the wall of the house I was in was heard constantly by me. The letters on the page were becoming clear and clear the moment I kept on trying to concentrate. It was blurry at first but it slowly went away with time. Life is hard and it gets even harder when things are going in some other direction you never expect to go on. I hated it.

A sigh left my mouth as I once again glanced up before my brother Juwo, who must be pretending to be so clueless to play his role; was about to shake me to remind me of the dishes.

"We forgot to clean the dishes and our parents are coming home since mom texted you," I told him as he stared at me, surprised. I kept a blank expression, I was tired of this. I want to stay home in my world and make it to tomorrow.

"And don't try to act dumb, you know about world travel. It's hopeless trying to keep from me when you're just pretending not to know. And you also are pretending right now."

I snapped the book shut and got up to go to my room. I didn't care at this point anymore. I didn't care if I got grounded again.  I didn't wait for him to reply.

"Wait!" His voice shouted on the other side after I shut my door. All of this was new to me since I have seen things like this in movies and stories I would sometimes read when I have time.

In the closet, I took out to put on a plain oversized black sweater and changed into lola bootcut brown pants. The door was shut and my mom's voice echoed through the house. My brother came into the room as I tied my hair in a low ponytail.

"What?" I said, looking over to him with my hands on my waist. "Do you have something to say now that I exposed you?"

Juwo frowned, "Y/n, I don't world travel, you probably read a bit too much fanfiction."

I hesitate, I cannot tell if he's lying because he looks so serious. So I gave up trying to confront him about it. I'll talk to Juwo in some world of hunter x hunter about it.

"Um okay I guess." A knock on the door was heard and it was dad saying the same thing like before.
"Y/n, Juwo, your mother is gone and she said you two are grounded for ten days."

Ten days are never going to happen when this day keeps on respecting itself. Thank goodness the room I was in was not that high up or else I surely would have broken my entire bones.

I slid the window up and a hand on my shoulder pulled me back after I took my head out into the outside world.

"What are you doing!?" Juwo shouted but in a whisper. "Do you want to get caught?!"

I shook my head and gazed into his eyes as I replied,

"I'm going to aunt Kannilia's house for a nice visit."

"Isn't that a bit too late?"

I smiled at him,

"To me, it's not too late."

With that answer I went out through the window and hopped on the grass of our front yard. I left my home behind and walked through the neighborhood. It eased my mind to be home once again without going through all that chaos.

I wanted to stay like this, I wanted everything to go like before any of this had happened.
I miss my old times where I had no problems before I turned ten years old. When I was ten years old, weird and confusing dreams started to occur to me. Me getting on a motorcycle with some creepy guy I don't know anything about and a disgusting face that looks like it exploded. Thank goodness I'm starting to see less of those dreams.

As I was crossing the road in the middle of the road, the same brown cat I saw before peeked its head out from under the car and stared at me with those sad blue eyes before I even got to safety. The last thing I knew before I felt the excruciating pain take over me was that I felt myself get hit by a car and crashed onto the ground then passed out.