Chapter 3

Weeks turned into months as I lay down on the bed. I watch Chrollo leave the room and Pakunoda comes in with a smile. It wasn't every day Chrollo go out to do some jobs and I never knew he was a criminal until I got kidnapped by him. I now want to go back to my world and at least try to stay there but that's just a hopeless thought I have. I've been stuck here and escaping was hard; they are all so cautious and don't let their guard down that easily.

I still have the memory of trying to sneak out from a hideout in the city I have no clue about we used to be in until Phinks caught me in the act while the others were distracted. He saw right through me even after I just lied to his face but he's not dumb at all. From what I observed about them is that they kill and steal. Sometimes two members would watch over me like a child and I'm worried about how will I go back home. To my world.

The bed I was laying on was flat on the floor as I lifted myself to face the mind reader while my legs are straight on the wooden and hard floor.

"Hey, Pakunoda." I narrowed my eyes as I watch her sit down next to me.

"You seem down what's wrong?" She questioned with a concerned look on her face. Out of all the phantom troupe members here, I got along with the most was Pakunoda who was friendly to me and a mother type to watch over me.
"I'm tired of all of this, I'm tired of Chrollo being all so possessive and controlling. I just want to go home." I sighed looking sadly down at my lap where my hands are resting at.

It's true, I am tired of all the things that have been going on in my life and I miss my family. I want to go and see my grandparents since they're the ones who understand me the most. But they live in New Jersey so, my parents, and Juwo would sometimes go and visit them. Including me as well.

Pakunoda gently placed her hand on my shoulder and pulls me close to her chest in an attempt to comfort me. I relaxed, trying to forget about my stress and all the problems. And the feeling of already wanting to give up.

"Chrollo went through a lot when he was a child," Pakunoda spoke "It's the pain that turned him like this. We all went through our pain during our time in Meteor City."

"You made him feel something he never felt before, you made him feel love, happiness, and at the same time loneliness when you were not there."
I rolled my eyes at that until she said something I never expected to hear in my life.

"Y/n you're not really from around here are you?" Pakunoda asked which made me quite suspicious because it was unexpected for her to ask as if she knew something I didn't know of.

Since lying isn't an option, I decided to tell the truth.

"Yes" I truthfully told her, "I'm not from around here"

Not from this universe

"If that so cares to explain to me how you're not from this universe?"

Fear strikes my heart but it soon washes away when I once again remembered that Pakunoda is a mind reader who can read people's thoughts by simply touching them.

"How did you know?"

Pakunoda chuckles at my naive mind as she shook her head. I narrowed my eyes at her, feeling so exposed. And so dumb.

"The last time I checked your memory they didn't have what you have now." She says, "and by simply checking them again to see if anything changed because I was quite suspicious of you."
She removed her hand from my shoulder and placed it by her side.

"And you saw what I only know?" Right now didn't you?"
Again asking the dumb questions I already know the answer to.

"You can say that but I'm quite shocked by this truth that you are it from here and yet your childhood remains in this world."