Chapter Twenty: Verklempt

╔═════ ═════╗

ver·klempt | /fərˈklemt/

(n.) overcome with emotion.

╚═════ ═════╝

From the scribe of  theglitchproject

A sudden crash disturbed the ordinarily silent house, causing Glitch to sit up almost immediately. Normally they'd just fall straight back to sleep, but this felt... off. Standing up cautiously, still rubbing their eyes with sleepiness. "Thor? JD?" Glitch mumbled, starting downstairs – met face-to-face with the barrel of a gun.

"JD?" they yelled, hands flying above their head before they could think. An involuntary movement as they stared down the muzzle of the gun, down to the satisfied look on Ennard's face.

"Why are they—"

"Not another word," Ennard snapped, the gun still aimed squarely at their face.

"Why?" Glitch asked, immediately flinching slightly as he waved the gun around, thankfully not actually firing.

"Everyone into the living room," a voice spoke from a little further in the house. With a glare, they shoved past Ennard, fully aware of the weapon pointed at their back.

A sort of strangled noise escaped as Glitch stood in the doorway of the room, staring at the scene in front of them. Monty Burns (and his boyfriend Waylon, which caused a small smile to flit onto their face before remembering they were in a hostage situation) stood in the centre of the room, Vision and White stood next to them. Springtrap stood by their side, in between the two of them, twin pistols pointed either side of his body, towards them. Mabel stood just next to him, seeming to be attempting an intimidating stance and failing. Monty was focused on the two people behind him, however, which Waylon was 'guarding'.

"JD! Thor!" Ennard grabbed their shoulders as they tried to run forward, dragging them back into place next to him.

"Get off me," they snapped, but his grip didn't loosen any. Eyes flicking around the room, they seemed to be calculating something as Monty started to speak.

"As you can see, I have your friends," he started, watching their eyes move around the room with an amused expression.

Neither Thor nor JD looked particularly scared of the situation — JD acted almost relaxed, and Thor didn't seem at all convinced Monty or Waylon would shoot him. Glitch was another story entirely, clearly extremely worried about the both of them.

"I can see that," they finally spoke, relaxing a little bit, knowing it wouldn't do much good to waste any energy now. "How did you get in?"

"Through the door," Waylon piped up. "You'd left it open."

"Ah." Glitch paused. "Shit."

Monty laughed, leaning forward slightly. "You could say that. It wasn't the smartest thing you could have done, because as you can see—" He indicated around him. "I have your friends now."

"What do you want? I have money, whatever— I don't care what you want, just let them go," they murmured, glaring across at him.