Chapter Two: Abditory

╔═════ ═════╗

ab·​di·​to·​ry | /ˈæb.dɪt.ɹi/

(n.) a place into which you can disappear; a hiding place

╚═════ ═════╝

"Here we are!"

Vision pulled his car to the side of the road, in front of a large apartment building. It looked rather similar to the many others we had passed on the way there; tall, brick, and multi-tiered, with several windows facing the roads of The Big City. I was very excited to see my new apartment and get accustomed to living there.

"I'll be back in a moment." Vision told us, opening his door and stepping out. "I'm going to get Sans and have him show you to the apartment."

"Sounds great!" I replied, my voice filled with joy. "Thank you very much!"

Vision smiled and nodded, before shutting the door and walking to the apartment.

"How do you feel about seeing your new home, Wonder?" Thor asked me.

"I can't wait to see it," I told him. "And I'm very excited to start getting settled in the apartment. I felt the same way about my old home when I moved in."

"I'm sure you weren't expecting to have a roommate when you took up the offer, now, did you?" Glitch interjected.

I glanced at them, before turning to the unconscious Ballora beside me and sighing. "I sure didn't."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" they asked.

"Not in the slightest." I replied. "I even said that this was a going to be a very bad idea. But hey, it's worth a shot, isn't it?"

"What are we even still doing with her? Why would you have even thought it'd be a good idea to save her?"

"Like I said, Glitch." I opened my door to step out of the car. "Information. Thor, could you help, please?"

"Of course, Wonder." Thor nodded, smiling as he got out and walked over to me. Glitch followed him, still pestering me.

"Bullshit." Glitch retorted. "We all know you're not keeping her with you for information."

"Well, it could be an added bonus if we get any." I told them, moving aside so Thor could take Ballora in his arms and carry her to the apartment building.

"We should've told the doctors to just take her off of the sleeping drugs." he remarked. "It probably would've been easier for us all. Well, me at least."

"I could use some of those right about now..." I muttered. I was exhausted, though that was normal for me. Sleeping was one of my favorite things to do.

"You're avoiding me, Wonder." Glitch said. "If not for information, why did you bring her here? And why are you healing her? If we kill her, she can't help Quackity!"

"I'm not going to kill her." I told them. "I'm keeping her here so that I can get information. Maybe, by some miracle, she could take pity on us, and even help us fight Quackity!"