vi. you're not the first monsters i've met

"Bella, this is not a good idea

"Bella, this is not a good idea." Elizabeth said to her sister as she banged on Jacob's door. Billy rolled over and opened it. "Bella." Billy said, confused. "I need to see him." "He's not in." Billy lied. "Look, I'm sorry, I really need to see him." Bella said, pushing past Billy and into the house. "Bella, you can't just barge into somebody's house." Elizabeth scolded. "Bella." Billy warned. Bella opened the door to Jacob's room to see him asleep in bed.

Soon after, Bella ran out of the house. "Bella!" Elizabeth yelled, running after her. "What did you do?" Bella asked, approaching Sam and the rest of the pack as they approached the house. "What did you do?" She asked again, pushing Sam. "Bella, stop!" Elizabeth shouted out. "What did you do to him? He didn't want this." "What did we do?" Paul asked. "What did he do, hmm? What'd he tell you?" Sam got in between them. "Both of you, calm down." He said. "Nothing. He tells me nothing because he's scared of you." Bella said.

The pack laughed. Elizabeth saw Bella start to raise her hand. "Bella, don't." She said. Bella didn't listen and slapped Paul across the face. "Too late now." Jared said. Paul started shaking in anger. "Bella, get back!" Sam yelled. Bella didn't move. Elizabeth rolled her eyes. "Bella, come on." She said, hauling her sister backwards. "Paul. Calm down now." Sam said. Paul started growling before he shifted into his wolf form. Bella started running. "Bella!" Jacob shouted out, running towards them. "Run!" Bella shouted.

"Jake, run!" Jacob jumped over Bella's retreating form and shifted. He landed and growled at Paul. Both wolves leapt at each other before colliding, tumbling to the ground in a mess of biting and growling. They kept fighting before Jacob tackled Paul into the woods behind them. "Hey. Take Bella back to Emily's place." Sam said to the others before running off after Jacob and Paul. "Guess the wolf's out of the bag." Embry said. Him, Jared, and Elizabeth walked over to Bella who still sat on the ground in shock.

***

"Did you know?" Bella asked as Elizabeth drove Bella's truck to Emily and Sam's cottage. "Yes." Elizabeth responded. "Why didn't you tell me?" Bella asked. "Because it wasn't any of your business." Elizabeth snapped, parking the truck. "Hey, I think we should go back and see if Jacob's okay." Bella said as Elizabeth, Embry, and Jared got out of the vehicle. "I hope Paul sinks some teeth in him. Serves him right." Jared said. "No way, Jacob's a natural. You see him phase on the fly?" Embry responded. "I got five says Paul doesn't touch him." Elizabeth said. She turned to face her sister who still sat in the truck.

"Come on in, Bella. They don't bite." She said. Bella hesitated before getting out of the truck. "Oh, hey, about Emily, Sam's fiancée. Don't stare. It bugs Sam." Elizabeth explained before following Embry and Jared into the house. "Why would I stare?" Bella questioned. Elizabeth walked into the house to see Jared and Embry already eating. "Hi, baby." Elizabeth said to Landon who was in Embry's lap. "Hi, Mommy. Look, I got a muffin." He said, holding up the half eaten muffin in his hand. "I see. Can I have a bite?" Elizabeth asked. Landon leaned up, holding the muffin up to Elizabeth's mouth.

She took a bite of it. "Thank you, baby." "You're welcome, Mommy." Landon responded. Embry started tickling Landon's sides and he giggled. Emily turned around, spotting Bella. "Who's this?" She asked. "My twin sister, Bella." Elizabeth responded. "Who else?" Jared added. "Hmm, so... You're the other vampire girl." Emily said. Bella clicked her tongue. "So... You're the wolf girl." She said. Elizabeth cringed. Emily laughed. "Guess so. Well, I'm engaged to one." She said, placing the tray of muffins on the table.

Jared went to grab another one. Emily smacked his hand out of the way. "Save some for your brothers." She said. "And ladies first." She turned to face Elizabeth who was already eating a muffin. Elizabeth waved innocently. Emily chuckled before turning back to Bella. "Muffin?" "Sure. Thanks." "Leave it to Jacob to find a way around Sam's gag order." Emily said. "Um, he didn't say anything to me." Bella told her. "That's a wolf thing." Embry said. "Alpha's orders get obeyed whether we want em to or not. Oh, and check it out. We can hear each other's thoughts." He continued.

"Would you shut up? These are trade secrets." Jared said. "Damn it! This chick runs with vampires." Elizabeth turned to look at him. "So did I." She said, confused. "That's different, though." Embry said. "You can't really run with vampires. Cause they're fast." Bella joked awkwardly. "Yeah? Well, we're faster. Freaked out yet?" "You're not the first monsters I've met." "Jake's right. You're good with weird." Sam said, walking in. He walked over and kissed Emily. Elizabeth turned away. She missed Rosalie and Emmett. Jacob and Paul soon walked in, distracting her. "Sorry." Paul said before grabbing a muffin.

Jacob and Bella left the house. "God, your sister is insufferable." Paul said to Elizabeth once the two were out of earshot. Elizabeth nodded. "Tell me about it." She said. "She's always like 'Why do you get to know this and I don't?' 'How come you get this and I don't?' 'How is your relationship with Rosalie and Emmett different than mine and Edward's?'" Elizabeth mocked her sister. "Why is it?" Sam asked. "Bella isn't Edward's mate. She's his blood singer. Her blood literally sings to him. That's why her knowing is such a danger. Edward's only keeping her around as a distraction until he finds his real mate. He doesn't love her." Elizabeth explained.

***

Elizabeth was walking alongside Jacob and Embry at the beach when they all noticed a figure jumping off the cliff

Elizabeth was walking alongside Jacob and Embry at the beach when they all noticed a figure jumping off the cliff. It was Bella. Just who they had been looking for. She had told Elizabeth that she would be at the beach. Elizabeth didn't expect her to be at the beach like that. "Bella!" Elizabeth shouted out, running closer to the water. "Embry, run back and tell them we've found her." Embry nodded and shifted before running back into the woods. Jacob ran towards where Elizabeth was. "Jacob, grab her. Grab her. Grab her." Elizabeth said as Jacob dove into the water to grab Bella.

He grabbed her and placed her on the rocky beach before "Breathe. Breathe." He said as he started doing chest compressions on her. "Come on, Bella. Breathe." Elizabeth said, worried for her sister. Jacob continued doing chest compressions. Bella coughed and opened her eyes. "Bella. Bella, can you hear me?" Elizabeth asked. "Jake? Elizabeth?" Bella asked. Jacob helped her sit up. "What the hell were you thinking?" Elizabeth asked. "I just wanted to see something." Bella responded.

"Get her home!" Sam yelled out, running out onto the beach with Landon. "I'm gonna go help out over at Harry's place." He said, handing Landon off to Elizabeth. "What happened at Harry's?" Bella asked. "Harry Clearwater had a heart attack." Jacob said. "Charlie and my dad are over at his place with his family." "Is he okay?" Bella asked. Elizabeth shook her head. "He's gone." She said, sadly. Landon sniffled. Harry was a very good friend to him. Elizabeth picked him up. "It's okay, bubba." She said. "Come on. I'll get you something dry and drive you home." Jacob said, picking Bella up.