i. happy birthday, beautiful

Elizabeth woke up to the sound of soft singing coming from the corner of her room. She slowly came to and felt a pair of strong arms around her waist and looked back to see Emmett looking down at her. "Happy birthday, beautiful." He whispered, leaning in to peck her on the lips. Elizabeth giggled. "Good morning, handsome." She said. She looked over to the corner of the room where Rosalie was getting Landon dressed. The blonde vampire turned around when she felt her mate's eyes on her. "Happy birthday, sweetheart." She said, bringing Landon over and placing him in his mother's arms. 

"Thank you." Elizabeth said as she sat up and stretched, popping her joints. She moved so that Landon was sitting comfortably in her lap. "Happy birthday, mommy." The almost two year old said. "Thank you, baby." She said, giving him a kiss. "Why don't you go and say happy birthday to Auntie Bella?" Landon nodded, jumping out of Elizabeth's arms. He scrambled off the bed as Rosalie opened the door for him. She watched him leave before shutting the door behind him. Rosalie walked back over to her mates and sat down on the bed. She pulled Elizabeth onto her lap before kissing her passionately. Elizabeth moved her hands to the back of Rosalie's neck and tangled them in her hair.

She was soon pulled away by Emmett as he brought his lips to hers. He slid his tongue across her bottom lip, and Elizabeth denied him access. She gasped in shock when she felt Rosalie lightly bite down on her shoulder, beginning to suck a hickey. Emmett used that to his advantage and slid his tongue into her mouth. Elizabeth's hands flew to his shoulders as he pulled away and started trailing his kisses down her neck. Elizabeth let out a shaky moan. Even after eight months, they could still take her breath away. Both Rosalie and Emmett pulled away suddenly, and Elizabeth whined at the loss of contact. "We have to go before your dad catches us." Rosalie said.

"Do you have to?" Elizabeth whined. Emmett chuckled. "We'll see you at school. We love you." He said, and then just like that, they were gone. Someone soon knocked on the door. "Just a second!" Elizabeth called out, grabbing one of Jasper's sweatshirts that she stole to cover up the hickey Rosalie had left on her collarbone. "Okay, come in." She said, starting to brush her hair. Charlie opened the door with one hand while carrying Landon on his hip with the other. "Happy birthday, honey." Charlie said to his daughter. "Thank you, Daddy." Elizabeth responded, placing the brush down and grabbing Landon.

Charlie pulled a small box out of his pocket. "Here." He said, handing it to Elizabeth. She placed Landon on the ground and he began to play with his toys. Elizabeth opened the box to see an old silver wedding band. "It was your grandmother's. She told me to give it to my oldest daughter on her eighteenth birthday." Charlie explained. Elizabeth's jaw dropped in shock and she felt tears welling up in her eyes. "It's beautiful. Thank you, Daddy." She said, hugging her father. Charlie awkwardly hugged her back. He quickly pulled away. "Alright, hurry up and get your ass to school. Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you can be late."

                                                                                                  ***

Elizabeth parked her Volvo in her normal spot next to Rosalie's BMW. She got out of the car and Alice immediately ran up to her. "Happy birthday!" The pixie like vampire squealed, giving the blonde human girl a giant hug. She pulled away and Jasper brought Elizabeth into a short hug. "Happy birthday, Elizabeth." "Thank you, Alice, Jasper." She responded. "Party at our place tonight." Alice told her, linking arms with her. Elizabeth rolled her eyes but nodded. "Come on. Let's go tell, Bella." Alice said, dragging Elizabeth and Jasper away. Elizabeth looked back at Rosalie and Emmett with a 'help me' look in her eyes, but they just laughed.

Alice dragged Elizabeth and Jasper into the school before jumping over the railing of the stairs. "Bella! Happy birthday." She said once she saw Bella walking with Edward. "Our place. Tonight." Alice said, a mischievous glint in her eyes. Bella looked hesitant. "Come on, please?" Alice asked. "It'll be fun." Elizabeth noticed Jasper's eyes trained on Bella. Even after months, it still wasn't getting any easier for him to be around her. "You okay?" Elizabeth asked, tuning out Bella and Alice's conversation. Jasper nodded. "We'll see you at seven." Alice said, rushing back towards Elizabeth and Jasper. She dragged Jasper away, but Elizabeth stayed behind. She ran over to Bella and knocked her shoulder against hers. "I haven't said it yet. Happy birthday." She said. "Thanks, you too." Bella responded.

                                                                                               ***

Elizabeth had already opened all of her gifts before Bella and Edward had arrived. Carlisle and Esme had gotten her an all inclusive ski vacation in Alaska for her, Emmett, and Rosalie. Alice had gotten her a leather jacket, claiming that she already knew it would be put to good use and that she would love it. Jasper had gotten her a couple of new sweatshirts so that she wouldn't keep stealing his and Edward's. But Elizabeth was still going to. They were just more comfortable. And Edward, even thought he wasn't there, had gotten her a couple of books and CDs she really wanted.

Rosalie and Emmett, however, had gotten her a charm bracelet with their three initials and Landon's initial on it, and a glass calendar with their anniversary printed on it. January 27th. Elizabeth loved it. "Thank you." She said, kissing both of her mates before Bella and Edward entered the room. "Sorry about all this. We tried to rein Alice in." Carlisle said. "As if that were even possible. Happy Birthday, Bella." Esme said. Alice took a picture with the camera Charlie had gotten Bella. "I found it in your bag. Mind?" "Dating an older woman. Hot." Emmett said to Edward. Elizabeth smacked him across the chest. 

Alice walked over to Rosalie and handed her a box. Rosalie handed it to Bella. "It's a necklace. Alice picked it out." She said. "Thanks." Alice pulled Edward over and held up the camera. "Show me the love." Bella and Edward both smiled awkwardly. "This one's from Emmett." Alice said, handing Bella another box. Bella shook the box. "Already installed it in your truck. Finally a decent sound system for that piece of-" Bella cut him off. "Hey, don't... Don't hate the truck." Bella said. "Open Esme and Carlisle's." Alice said. Bella grabbed the box and tried to open it. "Paper cut." She said, sliding her finger on the wrapping paper.

It's like everything happened in slow motion. Everyone turned to look at Jasper. He started moving towards Bella and Edward threw her backwards, sending her flying into the glass table, making her bleed even more. Edward pushed Jasper away into the piano. Rosalie grabbed onto Elizabeth and pulled her backwards, away from everything. Carlisle and Emmett tried to stop Jasper but he pushed them away. Alice tried to calm him down. "Get Jasper out of here." Carlisle whispered as everyone turned to see Bella's arm gushing blood. Carlisle rushed over to her and Emmett removed Jasper from the room. "I'm sorry. I can't." Alice said, following after them. "Come on. I'll take you home." Rosalie said to Elizabeth.