Chapter Thirteen

Three Years & 11 Months Later

Ka'Lynn POV

It's really been three years since I've left the only people who I've known since birth.

I haven't spoken to anyone since the day I left Miami. Hell I haven't seen anyone either.

The only person I've spoken to since I've move was Millz and I've only spoke to him once, when he tried to get me to come back to Kayden, then he was cut off.

So when my mom sent me an invite to her 50th all white affair I was a little skeptical.

I read over the e-vite several times this morning. I was really contemplating if I should attend.

I can honestly say one of the best things that I've done in my life was leaving my past and focusing on me.

Nevertheless, no matter how much good I achieved and no matter how many goals I've accomplished the truth still remains, I miss Kayden. I miss my family and I miss the people who I grew up with. 

I miss him to the point that every few months I'd wake up in cold sweat just dreaming about him. I miss his walk, the way he talks, his laugh, his eyes, his smirk and most importantly the way his touch made me feel.

Most times it takes everything in me not to call him and check up on him but I manage, especially when I think back to why I cut him off in the first place.

"This why you couldn't come open the door!" Italy yelled as she walked into my apartment.

I gave her a half smile looking up at her. "My bad Tally. I just have a lot on my mind."

"Mmhmm. Like how you gone put it on Kayden when we get there." I looked at her with a mug on my face. "You wish."

She looked at me and rolled her eyes sitting next to me. "I don't know why you putting up this front like you don't miss the man. We both know you do."

By the way Italy is my best friend. I meet her when I first opened my Online Wellness Center. She used to order items faithfully every two weeks then one day she came to pick up instead of having them delivered and we've been cool ever since.

She has a clothing boutique that I model for from time to time. She promoted my products more than I do. We've become best friends and goal chasers.

"You ready to get going?" She asked looking at me then around for I'm guessing my suitcases.

"I'm not going." I said looking her dead in her eye.

She laughed then looked at me getting up. "Okay" she replied simply.

She went to the hall closet and pulled out three of my LV luggage bags then set them in front of my room door. "Now you can come pick your clothes like an adult or I can pic them for you like a child."

I looked at her and continued to check my email. "Unbothered by the petty." I said throwing shade.

She laughed and went into my room. After a while of being childish I got up and helped her. She already had everything laid out on my bed. She was determined to take this trip. Not only was a vacation well overdue but she wanted to go see Prince.

I walked into the room standing in the doorway with my arms folded.

"Ka'Lynn, we need a mini vacation more than anything right now. Why not take advantage of the situation and enjoy it." She walked back into my closet and started laying out shoes next to the outfits she'd already picked. "Not to mention, you can't keep K'lianne a secret forever."