Chapter 18

Yeji still doesn't believe that she's in Japan.

Even standing in Narita International Airport, she still can't believe she's here to see Ryujin after all this time.

"Our cab should be waiting for us!" Aeri says as they walk away from luggage claim.

She wordlessly follows Aeri, and stays quiet even upon arriving at their hotel.

Aeri doesn't seem to mind though, continuously chatting about anything and everything in regards to Japan.

(Yeji figures Aeri's notices Yeji's silent state, but doesn't say anything about it.)

"You okay?" Aeri asks as they sit across from each other in their hotel room.

They're currently sat on the small dining table, eating takeout that Aeri ordered for them.

"I will be... I hope." Yeji mumbles the last part.

Aeri smiles at her reassuringly, "If it helps, I think you'd be a very welcome guest."

Yeji offers her a small smile before turning back to her food.

---

After a quick nap, soon enough both Yeji and Aeri find themselves at the concert venue.

Makuhari Event Hall, capable of housing a total of 9,000 people. The fact that Ryujin was able to sell out both days of her concert within minutes of tickets releasing is unimaginable to Yeji.

The seats that Ryujin got for Aeri is on the floor, the closest any fan can be to Ryujin, the area right in front of the stage. It's close enough that Ryujin will be able to recognise them from her place up on stage.

Yeji's heart is practicallt thrashing in her chest as she takes her seat next to Aeri. Both of them have masks on, as per entry rules, which Yeji was glad for because she didn't want an onslaught of Ryujin's fans recognising her.

"I'm so excited! And she gets to perform her Japanese tr-"

Aeri's rambling is interrupted when the lights dim and the opening for one of Ryujin's songs suddenly starts blasting through the speakers.

"AHHHHH! IT'S STARTING!" Aeri screams right into Yeji's ear. Which she almost didn't catch due to the way everyone around them exploded into screeches.

It's then when Ryujin walks out, wearing a white outfit with pearls and jewels attached to it. Fiercely looking into the camera thats projecting her onto the screen.

As if everyones screams weren't loud enough, it somehow managed to get 10x louder.

Despite all this Yeji doesn't pay any mind to them, her eyes locked in on Ryujin's alluring gaze. Her mind foggy, all previous emotions of panic somehow evaporated just seeing Ryujin in the flesh.

Ryujin starts performing and Yeji's further left speechless at the sight of Ryujin doing what she loves.

Performing.

She was born for the stage no doubt. If she never became an idol, Yeji firmly believes one way or another Ryujin would have found herself in the industry either way, whether that be an actor or a singer. There's no world where Ryujin isn't born to showcase her talents in front of other people.

But insecurity rises in Yeji's chest, the words Heejin told her are loud and clear, almost completely taking her out of her Ryujin induced gaze.

It's at that point when Ryujin finishes her opening song, she walks towards the edge of the stage to get a better look at all her fans, her eyes practically glowing as she takes in the whole venue.