Chapter 9

After their talk that night, things between Yeji and Ryujin have been significantly better.

They actually talk to each other now, Ryujin has gotten back into her previous habit of teasing Yeji at any moment with Yeji whining in response before retaliating back.

And despite Ryujin's promotions having started a week ago, she still makes the effort to go on their weekly dates when her schedule allows it.

Apparently Jihyo told Ryujin to stay consistent with their weekly dates to not cause any suspicion.

Yeji easily agreed, not because she wants to see more of Ryujin anyway.

Right?

They're comfortable with each other again too. Yeji could even go as far as saying they're friends.

Aside from the fact that they're supposedly in a relationship, but Yeji digresses.

She never would've thought she'd see this side of Ryujin again, nor in this capacity at all.

When they hang out, she realises Ryujin is still the same dorky person she knew from all those years ago.

"I thought you said you had an early schedule today?" Yeji asks as they sit at a secluded picnic bench, both of them have an ice cream in hand.

"Yeah I did." Ryujin scoops some ice cream on her spoon before bringing it to her mouth.

"So why did you binge the entirety of stranger things volume 4 in one night?" Yeji asks her incredulously.

Ryujin pouts, "Don't scold me, I already got an earful from Jihyo."

"Have you even slept at all?"

The soloist doesn't respond, instead opting to eat another spoonful of ice cream.

"Ryujin!"

Sometimes Yeji attends Ryujin's dance rehersals in the JYPE building, sitting in the corner either studying or discretely trying to watch Ryujin as she practices.

They go out for lunch, sometimes dinner too, just talking about everything and anything.

Ryujin tells Yeji about her life as an idol, all the new friends she's made, her dedicated fans and the overwhelming support her parents have shown her.

"How are your parents?" Yeji asks one day, both of them are eating dinner in a restaurant.

"They're good! They ask about you a lot, you know?"

Yeji pauses, "They do?"

Considering she broke their daughters heart all those years ago, of course shes surprised that they still ask about her.

Ryujin nods enthusiastically, "Yeah! They missed you a lot! Maybe we could go visit them sometime, I haven't been back home in a while either."

Yeji's heart is practically ripping out of its seams at the thought of seeing Ryujin's parents again.

Back when they were younger, Yeji's parents died when she was in elementary. She doesn't remember much about them since she was so young but her childhood was good regardless since her two aunts were just as supportive. Not to mention, Ryujin was there, which helped a lot.

Also Ryujin's use of 'we' sends her heart spinning.

"Sure, I'd love to see them again."