Chapter 5

Yeji drives home from JYPE and slowly processes what's happened in the past hour.

Once she agreed to the fake relationship, Ryujin quickly got Jihyo back in to discuss more about their plan.

As Jihyo mentioned, Yeji and Ryujin don't have to hang out all the time—just enough in the public eye for fans to believe their dating. This also entails that Yeji is to accompany Ryujin some days during her schedule and etc. They'll also have to post each other on instagram, not often but there has to be some indication that they're dating.

They don't have a specific end date as to when they'll 'break up' but Jihyo assured Yeji that it won't go past the end of Ryujin's world tour.

They're required to go on weekly dates. These 'dates' will have to be set somewhere relatively public, in order for fans to recognise them. Jihyo said its a bonus if dispatch catches them too.

The older women brought up affectionate touches and kissing. To Yeji's surprise, Ryujin said she was willing to go as far as they can to sell the act, as well as asking if Yeji was comfortable with that too.

She expected Ryujin to do the least amount of physical affection, just enough to seem believable to everyone else and still keeping that same distance between them. But apparently not.

The brunette then stated she's fine with affectionate touches but the only kisses she'll allow are kisses on the cheek. Ryujin doesnt meet her eyes when she says that, instead looks ahead with an unreadable expression. For which Yeji was thankful for as she felt her face heat up at the thought of them being affectionate with each other once again.

But the one thing that stuck out to Yeji was what Ryujin said after Jihyo had left them be.

"Jihyo doesn't know that we know each other, she thinks you're just a stranger to me, so let's keep it that way."

Which left the older girl quite hurt if she's going to be honest, but also confused.

Why can't Jihyo know? If anything, shouldn't Jihyo be the one person who does? Seeing as she's the one overseeing this whole deal between them?

Does Ryujin not want people to know about their shared past?

More questions arose but Yeji didn't dare ask any.

Too afraid of Ryujin's potential answer.

---

A few days pass and Ryujin's contacted Yeji regarding their first date—which is today.

Yeji's walks out of her apartment complex to find Ryujin already waiting for her, leaning against a black vehicle while scrolling through her phone.

The brunette falters in her step as she walks up to her, and Ryujin's eyes flicker up at the presence of someone approaching her.

"Hey."

"Hey."

The brunette internally cringes at the awkwardness.

"You look nice." Ryujin says.

Yeji opens her mouth in surprise, "Ah—yes thank you, you do too. Aswell."

The shorter girl lets out a small chuckle, "Let's go?" she says as she opens the car door.

"Yeah, let's go." Yeji thanks her again as she enters Ryujin's car.

Ryujin shuts her door as Yeji settles in. The older girl recognises the faint smell of tangerines.