Chapter 18 | Let the Games Begin...hopefully for the last time |

Pixie took me away, and so did Finnick’s stylist. In the hovercraft, the lady injects my tracker, and then, in what feels like seconds, I’m the catacombs and I can’t breathe. I took a shower and put on the jumpsuit for the games. I stepped onto the silver tube and spun my trident bracelet a bit on my wrist. I’m lifted up into the arena, and I look around. I tried to suppress my joy at the water. I set myself into position to dive into the water, and the second it does, I dive.

    I’m there before anyone else and then I see. A sword. My sword. My fingertips grazed the handle and I lowered my hand. Then I heard someone behind me and I spun around piercing Woof in the chest. A grin rose on my face. I’m back, baby!

    I caught sight of Finnick and Katniss, both ready to fire at any motion from the other. Then Finn shows Katniss the bracelet on his wrist, and then he yells out duck and she does, he kills the guy from five and then she trusts him. Like bam. “Don’t trust one and two!” Finnick called out, and then he spotted me. “Ari,” He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

    “Each take a side?” Katniss offered, and Finn nodded, running to the other side, gripping my hand. “Anything useful?” Finn called over to Katniss, and I blinked hazily. “Weapons! Nothing but weapons!” Katniss replied, and I hummed, feeling like I had no use. “Same here! Grab what you want and let’s go!” Finnick yelled, clutching my hand so hard.

    “Do something ‘bout that, would you?” He asked Katniss, but I already threw a knife in his direction. Instead of skewering him, he blocks it with his belt. Katniss is about to shoot him when he rolls into the water. “Let’s clear out,” Katniss said, and I scanned the arena.

    I spotted Peeta and I made my way over to him, tuning out Finnick and Katniss before they established anything. I dove into the water and swam to Peeta. I helped him back to the Cornucopia.

    “I’ve known you for seventeen years, yet you still manage to surprise me.” Finn said, and I grinned sheepishly. I tuned out the world and started to hum again, and I only surfaced when Finnick tugged on my arm and we ran from the cornucopia. I study the jungle, and Finnick never released my arm.

    Peeta is first, then me and Finn, then Katniss. I knew I was weakening them with my spacey state, but I couldn’t help it. Being spacey was the only thing besides Finnick helping my sanity. Chances are if I fell back into normal, I’d weakened them all even more. I suddenly couldn’t breathe as I swore I saw Austin leaning back against a tree. “RiRi, breathe for me. Please, inhale and exhale.” Finnick said, rubbing my arm gently. “Let’s keep moving. We need water.” Finnick said, resuming whatever conversation he was having with Katniss.

    “Better find some soon,” Finn said, and I clutched his chest. “We need to be undercover when the others come hunting us tonight.” I sighed as I rejoined the world. “Maybe we’ll have better luck on the other side. Find a spring or something.” Katniss said, and I swayed a bit.

    Katniss let out some sort of cry as Peeta's knife hit the forcefield and is blasted off his feet. “Peeta?” Katniss croaked out, going over to him. “Peeta?!” She shook him hard and I blinked. “Peeta!” Finnick set me down and I shut my eyes slowly. “Let me.” This doesn’t run down well with Katniss which results in Finnick shoving her back.

    I took Katniss’s fragile body in my arms, and started to sing.

“I’ve got all these demons hiding underneath
Nobody can see them, nobody but me, and your the reason
The only thing that keeps me from diving off the deep end
Because I’ve got all these demons, demons, demons, mhm,”

    She relaxed, breathing deeply. I stroked her hair as Finnick performed CPR on Peeta. Peeta let out a small cough and Finnick sat back, and I crawled over to him. “Are you alright? You haven’t said a word since we got into the arena.” Finn whispered, and he pulled me onto his lap. “I’ve been better.” I murmured, and he frowned.