CHAPTER 44

In evening, in hotel,

Reporter outside hotel:- Today, the Oberoi's have called a Press Conference to reveal the truth behind KM's incident & what is their take on it. Today, we would try to get the answers to the question swirling in your mind, so stay tuned.

(Inside the hotel) Rudra, Om along with saumya & daadi enters, behind them a confused Tej too. Then all of them see the ex-Oberoi DIL, Ms. Janvi Malhotra standing in front of them, looking at her sons tearfully. She wishpers- "Om, Rudra". To only see anger in their eyes. Controlling her tears, she look towards Daadi but unable to hold her gaze for long due to her own guilt, she looks elsewhere. Then she sees Tej & the pain turns to anger. Tej seeing his ex-wife, once the love of his life, the mother of his children, he walk towards her only for her to turn back. Dejected he stood at his place starring at her.

After settling his family, Rudra goes to stage & holds the mike:- Good evening everyone. Thank you for coming on such a short notice to this Press Conference. Last few days there had been many controversies going on as to KM's incident & about Oberoi's. Today, you will get the answer to all your questions. But I believe this story isn't mine to tell so let's call upon the people whose story it really is. Please welcome Miss Swetlana Kapoor, Tia Kapoor & Bhavya Kapoor.

Shocked Tej, Janvi & daadi look towards entrance to see 3 of them coming together. Not understanding what Rudra meant by 'people whose story it is' & what connection there 3 have with KM's, they look towards Rudra in confusion.

Svetlana :- Hello everyone. Most of you might already know me. I was once Mr. Tej Singh Oberoi's PA but my true identity is I am daughter of Mr. Kapoor who had gone missing in KM's incident. Believing lies to be truth, I had made many mistakes. For which I sincerely apologize.

As for the real truth behind KM's fire, it is as you guys have already heared. Miss Roop in her revenge killed those workers not only them but also my father who tried to stop her. To hide her crime, she not only killed Mr. Harsh Verdhan Trivedi the rumored suspect but also coercively made him admit it.

For past 20 years, this truth had been lost & to find which many of us had to sacrifice the things precious to us. But today, we finally got justice. The Criminal who killed our father is behind the jail. But I must admit, the journey wasn't easy. But because we were together we finally made it to the end. The promises we made to our mother for our father has finally been fulfilled.

Mrs. Kapoor sitting among others with tears in her eyes nods (thinking):- Sorry kids, Sorry. Your selfish mother in her revenge forgot that you were only so little to bear such burden. Not only, you lost your childhood but I almost destroyed your future too. Thank god my children still found their happiness among this chaos.

Reporter 1:- Miss Swetlana, so you three are sisters & Late Mr. Kapoor's daughter. My question to you is you used to be rumored mistress of Mr. Tej & Miss Tia was set to marry Late Mr. SSO is that also your plot in finding the truth? (sarcastically)

Bhavya angrily was about to rebuke when Swetlana holds her back & says:- You are right, it we all part of a plan. As I said we believed lies to be truth & made mistakes. But I am thankful to god that even when we were on the wrong lane of road he still helped us find the right lane.

"FYI she is Mrs. Veer Pratap Chauhan, so mind it." heared all the people present. Swetlana saw her husband, her better half walking towards her. Surprised she calls out "Veer".

Veer walks fast & reaches her on the stage, holding her waist with one hand, he says again- "she is my wife, Mrs.Swetlana Veer Pratap Chauhan."

Reporter 2:- Sir, you are famous surgeon Veer right?

Veer:- Yes I believe I am..

Reporter 3:- Sir how do you two meet? People always believed you to be cold & aloof man, even some said that u are asexual. Well I can guarantee he isn't. To which all laughs.

Veer (smiling):- Well we met in college, fell for each other, broke up & then reunited, finally got married & are about to become parents.

Everyone:- Congratulations sir, mam & clapped.

Tia:- I am Mrs. Tia Dushyant Singhania & here comes my husband along with our son Aryan. Everyone see towards entrance to see Dushyant coming alongside him his 6 year old son holding his hand.

Reporter 3:- (looking towards Bhavya) mam aren't u the one who arrested Miss Roop, the officer in charge of this case?

Bhavya:- Yes you are right. It was both personal and professional duty of mine. I have been working on this case from the past five years and finally we were able to capture her with enough proofs.

Reporter 4:- Congratulation mam. You guys finally got justice & also helped those families who had lost their loved ones in that fire. My question is, this Press Conference was called by Oberoi's & Mr. Rudra pleasantly gave the platform to you, but why? After all, the culprit is still a member of Oberoi family. They are the only one who got benefitted in the end from KM's incident.

Om:- Let me answer that for you. You are right the culprit is Roop Singh Oberoi, a former member of Oberoi family. My daadi had disowned her years back. So she is no longer a family to us. saying this Om nods towards daadi who with the help of Saumya reaches on stage & says- "yes, Oberoi's has cut ties with Roop years back when she was caught embezzling money in Oberoi Empire. The same had also been posted in newspapers that year.

Reporter 1:- Mrs. Kalyani from the past 5 years, we hadn't seen any of your family members under one frame. Mr. Omkara hasn't even been in India & Mr. Rudra always avoided answering question related to his brother. But today they both are here. Do we assume that there fight has been resolved & they would be seen together once again. Is your family dispute resolved?

Seeing both Om Ru looking uncomfortable, Saumya opted to answer:- Which family doesn't have problems & which brother don't fight? I am very sure that almost all of you sitting here must have fought with his/her family at some point of time. At the end we are family and that's what matters .

Reporter 6:- Mrs. Kalyani today the family of your eldest son Mr. Tej Singh Oberoi is present including his ex-wife but where is Mr. Shakti Singh Oberoi & his wife Mrs. Pinky? From the past 5 years they haven't been spotted anywhere. Did Mr. Shakti along with his wife left your family altogether after death of his one and only son Late Mr. SSO and his wife?

Reporter 2:- Has Oberoi family parted?

Reporter 3:- Did Mr.Tej kicked his younger brother out of OM?

Reporter 4:- Did Oberoi's youngest son's family been disowned? Answer us Mrs. Kalyani.

Daadi (panicking hearing all this):- No! No1 I didn't. I...