Chapter 44 Confront

Cassandra's pov

" Cassandra whatever is going on the pretty head of yours must stop darling, you are assuming things, that's all."

"No Vincent I am not, you do blame me for everything, if not you would have come for me to UK, if not when your mom passed away you would have not left me for 2 months without any care, you do.." I was cut off when he placed a finger on to my lips and said "Don't, let me explain you things, just don't assume,"

I was in dilemma but I do nod at him as he takes me to the nearest chair and makes me sit on it, "Yes Cassandra, it was you, I was in love with you, yes I rejected you, yes I came for you to airport in search of you, yes I meet with an accident that day, yes I left you when my Mom died but never, ever did I blame you for anything mishap that happened in my life."

"You don't?" I ask him he hugs me and tells "Never, I never did blame you, nor will I blame you, you are the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me in my life. Never ever blame yourself for anything that has happened."

"Then why did you leave me when your mom died? You were absent from my life for 2 months and you didn't dare to show up until I came to the party."

He took hold of my hand, made her sit on one of the tables, and said, "Cassandra, I didn't leave because of you but I was a wreck myself and I didn't mean to drag to down with me in my misery. "

"When my mom 1st met with the accident I blamed myself for everything, I was stupid enough to lose you, but I didn't want to lose her, so I tried my best to come out of my miseries, I was drinking continuously, I could hardly sense what is real, what is not, I could hardly look after my Mom, whenever she wanted to meet me, I would refuse her, finally having enough Mom, Dad and Nick visited me in Harvard."

"I was nothing but a wreck over there, the entire room was filled with bottles, cigarette buds, seeing that they were heartbroken, and took me back home, they asked me what was wrong, but I could not come up with the answer that I lost you, I didn't want to drag you down, you were happy, you were achieving what you always dreamed, I dint want to come between you and your dream, so I never bothered to tell them."

"Seeing my misères, my Mom could not take it, so Dad pushed me to take up therapy, he threatened me if I didn't compile I might as well be pushed to rehab, seeing no choice I took up therapy, at that time only few people knew about that, including Nick, Aiden, and Hazel."

"At that time is when I and hazel grew closer to each other, she was there for me, without asking anything in return, she stood by me and was my support system. That's why when I saw her at my mom's funeral, I was devastated and took her to overcome but I swear nothing happened between us, my love for you was lost over the years but it never vanished."

"You loved me so much that you were ready to destroy yourself?" she sniffles.

"More than anyone can love you, I did love you, I dreamt my entire life with you, I had planned everything, but you came as a wrecking ball baby, one wrong move Cassandra and you destroyed it all, my happily ever after with came down."

"I swear I would not have gone to the UK, If you had confessed that day to me Vincent, nothing would have come in between us." She hugs me tight.

"Everything would have come down because of you Cassandra, you were wrong that day, you refused to accept your fault, you were not ready to accept things, that made you the villain in our own story, we were meant to be together, if not for that one mistake in your life I was ready to forgive and move on but I was too late" I said as I broke free from the hug.

"Whatever the mistake was, did you ever forgive me?" she asked and I said, "No, not yet but we have moved on, we have started a new page but you are pulling us once again back, may I know the reason?" I confronted her.