Chapter 16 Broken Heart

Vincent's POV

She was moving upstairs and suddenly fell back pretty hard and the next minute I heard her screaming "Ahhhhhhh"

Before I could reach for her, an intruder came down from the stairs and pulled her up by her arm and held a gun to her forehead and says "Don't you dare come near us or else I will kill her."

Without knowing what to do I just obeyed him and stood still while he dragged her towards the front door, I also slowly moved with them with cautious steps, he moved a step back whenever I tried to take one towards them. I even saw the file in his hand, that I was working on and it was a pretty important office file. The whole time Cassandra was crying and asking for help but I could not help.

When the intruder moved to the door in a swift movement with her in his hand I quickly tackled him, but even before that within a second Cassandra pushed him with force and all of us fell to the ground due to the imbalance. He was pretty quick to get up and move out but before that, Cassandra somehow unknowingly got up and they both collided while the file was knocked out of the thief's hand. He stumbled a bit but he did escape.

In all this mess Cassandra got hurt on her forehead pretty badly, so I had to tend to her, leaving that fucker to escape. I picked her up in bridal style and locked the main door. I took her to the room and placed her on the bed and treated her wound and plastered it with a bandage. I went to my closet and got her a spare hoodie of mine which I used to wear in my uni days. I think it would fit her but it would be too loose for her.

I went to give the hoodie to her but she did not take it and just cried. "Hmm, sorry Cassie, I did want to save you before but he kept a gun on your head, so I was scared to do anything that might have ended up pretty bad."

"You don't believe me right Vincent?" are the only words from her mouth, I don't know how to respond to her because I did trust her in the past but today, I seriously don't trust her. Thus, I handed her the hoodie and said "Please change and be comfortable, I will be in the bathroom."

But she does not bulge but cries continuously. I pull her up and hug her tightly and wait for her to ease up but she does not so I sit down with her in the bed and say "Okay Cassandra I am sorry please don't cry, I beg you. If you want I can drop you off now but your parents will just become worried."

After a while she finally cools down and says "I was sacred her would harm me"

"No darling he would not, I was there na, I did tackle him in the end but your sudden movements caught us all off guard and we feel to the ground, I would have caught him but that fucker hit your head with the gun when you both got up so I had to tend to you."

She finally hugs me and says "He won't come back right?"

"No he won't just change for now, I will make calls and tighten up the security" saying that I moved to the bathroom.

There I waited for 10 minutes thinking about my life where I loved Cassandra the most but broke her heart when she proposed to me and instead I fell in love with her adopted sister but now I have to tie the knot to Cassie only. If only Cole was never a part of our lives, I think Cassie and I would have had kids by now.

Coming back to my senses I went out and saw Cassie still sitting on the bed crying but she had changed her dress. I went to her and said "Sleep Cassie, it's fine now don't worry I will inform the security and I will update my house security right away" Nodding she laid back on the bed but held on to my hand. "What is it Cassie?" I asked and her sobs got louder and she said "Please stay, I am scared, what if he returns for the file"

"No bambina, he won't its a promise, just go to sleep, now will you" I kissed her forehead and got out to tighten up the security. After nearly 20 minutes I went back to see her curled up in a ball and was sobbing.