Chapter 8 Love And ...

Cassandra's pov

We all took our seats in the living room. All eyes were on Hazel and Vincent. I was now feeling better and my sore throat was better with the ginger tea I had just a few minutes ago but my mind was a complete mess as well as my heart was shattered, as I might think of the dreadful news I have to hear. I always knew Vincent was not mine but I did not expect him to fall for Hazel.

Not even in a million years, I did not think I would be seeing the day when Vincent and Hazel would be getting married. It's such a lame and boring couple. Vincent is a heartthrob and the most famous person of all and there is Hazel a plain and boring girl, with no style nor class, I do pray she does not stay long in Vincent's life.

I heard Vincent finally speaking "Actually I and Hazel have some news to share with you all. As you all know we both have been to various proms and parties and all the social gatherings and many more." The hell I know, as though I was here with them. Why can't he just come to the point and break my heart at once like he did it before?

"Bro please come to the point where no one is interested in knowing the details and also I might add the 'BORING' details" Nick said with his thick Italian accent and was smirking at Vincent. I saw all the expectant eyes towards Hazel and Vincent.

"Hmm about that actually iandhazelaredatingandwanttogetmarried" he told at jet speed and there Hazel was sweating as though she was a Mt. Everest which was melting.

"What?" was the only reply Vincent got in unison from all of us.

"I and Hazel are dating and we want to get married" he completed looking everywhere but at us. Everyone stood silently but the asshole started to laugh out and concluded "Ohh boy never in a million years did I think Vincent Lorenzo will tell, 'he will get married' and what shocked me even more is he is marrying Hazel but bro I am seriously happy for you both, might as well our, I mean me, Dad and aunt's wedding plans for you are destroyed."

"My sweet girl finally found love but she did not tell me anything" Dad told with a playful expression. Mom followed suit and went to Hazel and kissed her forehead "Indeed she finally found love, my daughter grew up too fast. Dear, we are truly happy about this and you both have our blessing."

Matteo came to Vincent and hugged him "I am very happy for you son, you finally understood your responsibilities and are ready for the next step in your life. I never really thought you would come up to me to tell me that you are ready for marriage."

"Indeed we were planning for an arranged marriage seeing your lack of interest in marriage. Grazie a dio, dio ti ha dato dei cervelli" Sinnea told and hugged both Hazel and Vincent. I did not understand a word she told not because I was heartbroken or you know I just know only one language and that's English and a bit of Spanish due to Cole, as his mother is Spanish.

{Grazie a dio, dio ti ha dato dei cervelli = thank god, god gave you brains}

"Truly guys my best friend and my sister, I never ever thought I would see this behaviour from you guys, you broke my trust completely" said Aiden turning red from anger I guess. I didn't comfort him as he snapped at me at the table. But what can I even comfort him when I myself will break down any moment now? But he suddenly started laughing and hugged both of them. Ok, when did Aiden start to have bipolar disease? He was on Vincent's throat when people assumed he wanted to marry me but when it came to Hazel people were blessing them.

"Relax guys I was just joking, I am truly happy for you and you both have my blessing. What can even be better than my sister and best friend being together forever." Ok no bipolar disease, he is just joking it seems. Here I am dying because Vincent rejected me and broke my heart for what? To marry this bitch Hazel. When I was thinking all eyes turned towards me with expectation.