Chapter 6 Sassiness Is My Second Name

Cassandra's pov

Aiden picked me up from the salon and we made our way towards the restaurant. I was fine until I got a glimpse of Vincent in the restaurant. He was looking dashing as always. He had those perfect jaw-line, soft lips that is like a magnet that always draws me, chocolate brown hair, and those die-for abs that were pecking out from his suit. He was wearing a green well-tailored Armani suit and his hair was done properly to the side and set with gel.

Somehow I made it to his table and had a conversation with his parents but when it came to him I slowly moved to him and said hello, he instantly stood up and greeted me with a hug. He had the same cologne with smelt like spices and pine.

I was at a loss for words but Aiden came to my rescue and pulled me away. later I was completely exhausted from greeting everyone and saying the same line "I am fine, how are you?" for the next 2 hours or so. Finally, I sat down with my parents at the table in front of Vincent's friends, when Mr. and Mrs. Santiago had to come to the table and start speaking about business conversation. I was bored to death, so I made my way toward the restroom after a few minutes.

I wasted my time here for about 10 minutes and when I finally went back I saw Ryan standing near our table, I forgot I was in a dinner banquet I shouted to Ryan. He turned back at lightning speed. I ran towards him for a hug, he caught me in no time and hugged me back.

After breaking the hug, I turned towards my parents and said "He is Rayan Santi..." but suddenly I realized they might know one another and there was no need for an introduction. Sensing my awkwardness Ryan placed a hand on my back and said "There is no need for an official introduction Cassie, we have already met many times, and moreover before u even came we were having a conversation, by the way, you are looking breath-taking and I want a pic with you for insta."

"Ohh I am so sorry I forgot you guys know each other, by the way, Ryan thanks for the compliment, and no, no pics for you as I am sure tomorrow's tabloids will be filled with Mr. Santiago's new conquest 'Ms. Knight'."

"Ohh come on Cassie I never knew you were so afraid of paparazzi" We all laughed at his words. Later we both along with Aiden left our parents to talk alone and made our way towards the back table. I sat in between both the men and directly in front of Hazel, with Ryan sitting in front of Vincent.

They all were having funny conversations and banters, I was zoned out for a major part but Chloe suddenly called for my attention "Cassandra I hope you are free tomorrow, we all can go out and celebrate and have fun not this type for a formal event but a wild night at any club, what do you say?" I gave a thought about it and said "Yeah I am free but since it's a Tuesday night I don't think people are up to it."

"Ohh darling you don't worry about that they will always be up for the nice part" Luke concluded.

"Okay then let's all meet tomorrow, now it's too late and I am really dead as fuck, come on Cassie let's go" While saying this Aiden gave his hand to me which I took hold of and got up. Everyone bid their goodbyes and we concluded the night on a happy note.

*****

Vincent's pov

The next day came too quickly and we all were sitting in the private booth of the club waiting for Aiden, Cassie, Nola and Chloe. I and Hazel came together, she was too persistent on not going to the club but somehow I managed to get her with me and promised to stay with her the whole time. She was very new to clubbing, dancing, and drinking, but she never minded me doing it for which I am really grateful.

Just then Chloe came with a long face and I asked her "What's wrong Chloe? You look sad."

"Ahhh, that dumb-fucker Nolan once again bailed on me, he calls me now and says he has a family meeting and won't be able to make it"