| notes |

you sat in class, your head resting in your hand as you listened to your teacher. you blinked to keep yourself from falling asleep in the middle of class. you looked down at your notebook and saw a folded piece of paper sitting on the page. you furrowed your eyebrows and picked it up, unfolding it. 'you look so pretty right now - steve'  was written on the note. you looked over at the table which was beside yours. steve looked over and smiled when he noticed the note. he looked back to the front of the class and you grabbed your pencil, writing on the note. 'this is why you're failing class steve.' you folded the paper and waited until the teacher had his back to the students before passing the note over to steve. steve unfolded the paper and read it, laughing a little but covering it with a cough. you smiled and looked over at him. he covered the note once he realised you were looking at him. he passed the note back over, not folding it this time. 'not my fault when you look that good.' you shook your head. 'barf. just pay attention' 'you don't want me to compliment you?' 'i want you to pass the class' 'i can always come over later and study ;)' 'steven harrington, we're in class' 'stop with the steven thing.' 'sorry steven'

"y/n and steve, care to share with the class what's the important thing written on that note?" you heard your teacher yell on you both. you quickly crumpled up the paper and shoved it into your pocket, shaking your head. steve was holding back a smile. the teacher sighed and turned back to the board. you slowly ripped out a piece of paper out of your notebook. 'that is why i told you to pay attention.' you wrote, folding the paper and throwing it at steve's head. he turned and saw you smiling at him before he reached down and grabbed the note from floor. 'hey, you were writing too' 'yeah but i told you to stop.' 'whatever. do you understand any of this by the way?' you looked over at him with a disappointed look and he shrugged. you turned back to the note. 'stop trying to use me for answers, steve.' 'if you don't give me the answers, you don't love me.' 'are you serious?' 'yes.' you sighed and shook your head, writing the answers down on the note and passing it back. 'this is why i love you' you chuckled quietly. 'wow, you only love me because i tell you the answers?' 'other things ;) but mainly the answers.' you shook your head. 'i feel so used :(' steve put a line through your entire sentence. 'you know i love you' you smiled and were about to write something else but the bell rang, dismissing everyone from class.

your next class went in really slowly, you didn't really know anybody in it. when the bell finally rang, you practically ran out of the class and to your locker so you could grab a few things before leaving. you unlocked it and a note slipped out. 'are you a parking ticket? because you've got FINE written all over you.' you shook your head and placed it in your pocket. you dug around in your locker until you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist and lift you up, spinning you around. you squealed and heard steve laugh behind you. once he put you down, you turned to face him. you slapped his chest. "you scared the shit out of me!" you said, placing your hand on your chest and felt your heart thumping. steve wrapped his arm loosely around your shoulders and pulled you closer towards him.  he leaned forward and kissed you, making people passing in the hallway look at you both weirdly. you smiled and pulled away.

steve pushed himself away from the lockers and began walking down the hallway, his arm still around your shoulder but more securely now. you dug the note out of your pocket and handed it to him. "did you write that?" you asked. he laughed. "couldn't you tell by the amazing handwriting and the poetic words?" he joked. you rolled your eyes. "it was so cheesy." you said. steve looked away, pretending to be offended. "how dare you. i worked so hard on that." he told you. you both walked out of the school and towards steve's car. he opened the passenger door for you and closed it once you were in before getting into the drivers side. he started the car and began driving to your house, his hand placed on your thigh as he drove.

when he reached your house, you leaned over and kissed him quickly, saying a quiet thank you as you hoped out. steve waited until you were at your door before driving away, waving as he left. you smiled and waved back. you walked into your house and ran up to your room, kicking your room door shut after you got in. after setting your bag down, you emptied your pockets and picked up the notes you and steve had written today, looking through them and smiling. you folded them up and placed them in a drawer in your bedside table, next to a bunch of other notes you had written. you would never throw them away, you thought it was really cute. you smiled as you unfolded and read some of the other notes.

(just pretend him and robin were friends in high school)  

'robin doesn't believe you're real.' one of the notes said. 'what do you mean she doesn't believe i'm real?' 'she doesn't believe you're actually my girlfriend.' 'really??' 'yeah." you smiled and placed it back in the drawer, picking up another note. 'i think the guy beside me has a crush on you.' 'steve, i'm trying to concentrate. i didn't need to know that.' 'yeah but it feels weird knowing he likes you.' 'well, i can't help that i'm so amazing.' 'thats true. can't say i blame him. at least i know he has good taste.' you laughed a little and placed it back into the drawer. 'i find it so hot that you wore my sweatshirt to class and i don't know why.' 'that's nice to know. i'll wear it more often then.' 'please do.' 'would you two stop flirting over notes. it's very distracting when im trying to work' 'robin, go away.' 'flirt in your own time then.' 'robins right. i'll speak to you after class.' 'where did she even come from?' you had to hide the not after the last part because your teacher had caught on. you had so much more. you sat all the notes back in the drawer and closed it over.

——————————————
1140 words