.prt6

around 3 hours passed since robin had began to copy down my notes, as he failed to understand the work at first.

"maths wont ever become useful in my future, so all of this is just pointless! like seriously, who cares about the hypotenuse of triangles?" he claimed, throwing a bit of a hissy fit.

thankfully though, we managed to work through it, bit by bit, and eventually, he understood the pythagoras theorem, which should have been the easiest section in maths.

he felt that this had been the longest three hours of his life and so he threw himself onto my bed to rest whilst i cleaned up the slight mess we made on my floor.

all our books, pens, and school bags were then put neatly into the corner closest to the door and i turned to face robin, though it seemed that he had been watching me that whole time since he was already looking right at me.

i sat down on the floor next to where his head was laying and stared him in the eyes before asking "do you like to fight?", although this made him break eye contact with me, as he shifted to face the ceiling now.

"well i like knowing that i can defend myself. i also like knowing that i can cause pain to other people. not in a sadistic way though." and what he said made sense.

it did however make me wonder about the fight he had this morning. 'maybe he was just defending himself then?' i had only been there to see robin punching the other guys face into the floor, and so i couldn't have known if maybe it was out of defence.

"i do karate. my sensei makes it very clear that the sport is mainly for defence, although he always encourages offence, so that i could leave a reminder to the person i'm fighting to not fuck with me again." karate had been something that everyone in my family had done at some point in their life and so i knew, from the ripe age of 3, that i had to do it too, and then i just fell in love with it.

robin had now been looking at the picture above my drawers of my first competition, in which i came second place, at seven years old. he then looked back at me and asked "would you want to be sparring buddies? i have loads of mats in my shed in which we could fight on?"

happiness over flooded me as no one had ever seemed interested in my fighting life, apart from my family and my sensei of course, and so i replied with "yes!" instantly.

silence then took over and i could sense that robin had began to get uncomfortable and so i grabbed the pillow that he was laying on and slapped his head with it, as it was the first thing that came to mind to do.

"there was no need for that, gilipollas!" he shouted - using another spanish word, probably insult, on me again - before hitting me back with it too, laughing at the same time.

we ended up having a pillow fight, using all sorts of blocks and crazy moves on each other, until we heard my parents car drive into the garage, meaning that they were back home from work.

of course, i had panicked, since there was a boy in my room which they weren't aware of, and so i ran across my room to reach for robins stuff and chucked it at him as he began to climb out of my window, which luckily was facing away from where my parents were, so he would be able to get out unnoticed.

but just before he left, i wrote down my rotary phone number on a small bit of paper, and passed it to him, asking him to call me. that is if he has his own rotary phone, though.