Chapter 14

Back in Royal Woods, School seemed different without one of the most noticeable kids hanging around. Nobody has Lincoln in about a month. They said he won some kind of award and had gone on vacation with his family, but they didn't think that he'd be gone this long. The day where Lincoln's friends, Rusty, Liam and Zach were hanging around at lunch, Clyde was sitting by himself, looking sad, so they decided to go see what was up with him.

Zach:"Hey Clyde, what's up with you? You've been quiet all week."

Rusty:"Still bummed about missing Lincoln?"

Clyde:"...It's worse than that. Lincoln told me he moved...to JAPAN!"

That outburst managed to gain the attention of everyone in the cafeteria. Now everybody was curious, as to what Lincoln did to gain a one-way trip to Japan.

Zach:"To Japan?!"

Clyde:"Yeah...not only that...he said he's family's...gone."

Liam:"Gone as in...'gone' gone?!"

Rusty:"No way..."

Clyde:"I know...I couldn't believe it myself."

Stella also came by when she couldn't help but overhear what they guys were talking about.

Stella:"Hey guys. Did I hear you say Lincoln moved to Japan?"

Rusty:"Apparently. And this feels bad. Lincoln practically held this gang together. What are we gonna do without him?"

Liam:"Well, why not just head over to Japan and ask him to come back."

Clyde:"Okay, Liam...And tell, where we gonna find plane tickets to Japan on such short notice?!"

Stella:"Clyde, calm down."

Clyde:"Sorry...without Lincoln, I'm already starting to feel a little...not like myself."

Zach:"Yeah, I kinda feel that way too. Lincoln did keep us from doing a lot of stupid stuff."

Stella:"Okay, guys...I'm not naming myself leader here, but if I were to help in getting the tickets to Japan, would you really go over there, just to see Lincoln?"

Guys:"(in sync) YES!"

Stella:"Then I'll take care of it. We will see him again, I promise you that."

Clyde:"Man...what I would give to see what he was doing right now."

Lincoln was in the backseat of a car as he adjusted a new uniform he was given. Since he was gonna stay with Akimi, it'd be best if he'd get put into a school since Akimi couldn't be there for him all the time. He wanted to be homeschooled since he didn't want anybody to treat him like he's special or out of pity, but Akimi insisted that this was the best course of action. She believe that it was any conciliation that she enrolled him into the same school she went to as a child. Lincoln accepted that as he was dropped off.

Akimi:"I'll be back to pick you up at around 3:00. Be on your best behavior, and you do remember the lessons we went through, right?"

Lincoln:"I do."

Akimi:"Alright then. Good luck, Lincoln."

Lincoln:"Thanks."

It didn't take long for Lincoln to see that he's become the center of attention. All ready, students were surrounding him in a circle, staring at him in awe as if he were some kind of superhero. But he didn't want this treatment, not here, not now. Of course, every school has its scum, and that's when a tan looking kid with short dark hair, and an inch taller than Lincoln came towards the white-haired boy with two other kids. Lincoln could already tell, just by looking at him, that this boy was equivalent to Chandler back home.