𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄, middle of the night

------------

------------

"AND BE SURE TO NEGOTIATE further if needed, only kill when necessary," The voice on the phone added softly before ending the call with a muffled ring.

Giyu blinked, staring down at the black screen before shoving the device away, running a hand through his black locks. He sighed as he mumbled, "But being nice is so hard..." Knowing no one was there to hear his complaints. He disappeared, running through Kyoto's rundown alleys in the broad, daylight.

Avoiding any form of social interaction on a certain side mission of his. A man was rumored to harbor vast amounts of blue spider lilies. A flower that Muzan had been looking for. Although he knew that it was likely a ruse, he went to cut back on any loses if things were to get rough.

Checking his phone every now and then to confirm his location, and the location of the hoarder that Master Ubuyashiki sent. Stopping in his tracks, he glanced around. It was a dimly lit alleyway, the lights flickering as Giyu cringed inwardly.

"Who would've thought someone would come!" A gruff voice spoke out behind him.

Giyu blinked, slowly facing back as a lean man slithered from the shadows. His face half covered by his own shaggy hair, his skin covered in filth. "Guess luck's on my side!"

Giyu tilted his head off to the side in confusion, who the hell is this guy? And why is he so crusty? "The name's Kenichi Koda! The name doesn't mean much now, but it will once I take down someone from the Demon corps!" He brandished a small handgun, rushing forward, his fingers fondling the trigger. Giyu sighed, closing his eyes before unsheathing the katana by his side.

Water Breathing; Seventh Form: Drop Ripple Thrust

The user performs a fast and accurate stab, capable of reducing the impact of a moving target.

The attacker's eyes bulged out of his head as he collapsed beside an unbothered Giyu. He swung his blade around, careful to avoid any foreign objects, to rid it of the blood. "You're in my way..." He turned his head to face the unmoving corpse, his eyes dark and unwavering, cold like ice. "And in the way of Ubuyashiki-sama."