Trying to be strong

The car pulls up to a cabin in the middle of the woods

"Eliza-" Collin starts but I open the door and get out, walking over to Theo.

He hugs me and inspects my head. "It should look a little better by now. What happened to the ice?"

I shrugged. "Collin threw it out the window because I kept asking him what I did wrong to get my phone taken away."

He frowns sadly at me and looks over to Collin. Theo looks back to me and smiles sympathetically.

"Let's go inside." He guides me inside the cabin and I look around.

The stairs are a few feet into the house but on the sides is a large living room and the other side is a large kitchen.

We go upstairs and Theo leads me to a bedroom with a full sized bed and a dresser with a few other things.

"This will be your room, Liza. I'm just right down the hall. So is Revel.

Natalie is across from you. My room is next to Revel's. At the very end of the hall is Collin's room.

I nod. "Can I stay up here. Or do I have to go down there " I ask shyly.

Collin's voice earlier kinda made me scared of all of them again. I forgot who they were and what they do. What they've done.

I think Theo notices. "Of course you can stay up here, Liza. It's late but I know you haven't eaten since this morning. Want some food?"

I shake my head. "I'm not hungry." That's a lie. I just don't want anyone around me. I wanna go to sleep.

"Okay. night, Liza."

"Night, Theo."

I close the door behind him and lock it. I walk over to the bed and sit on it.

There's a window on the wall that the bed is pushed up against.

I face the headboard so I can look out the window.

The sky is full of stars and there's a half moon. The stars are so beautiful.

It's pitch black in the woods but you can hear some of the bugs.

I used to go camping with my parents.

There's a knock on my door. I hear the knob jiggle but then the person realizes it's locked.