Chapter 1

!Since Rue is the Narrator in the show, she will be narrating most of this story unless I put a POV!

(Rue Narrating)

Y/n was born in 2005. Her dad was abusive but her mum was an angel to her and her sister Beth but unexpectedly, y/n came home from school to see her mum on the floor with a gun 1inch away from her mum's hand as she couldn't handle life anymore. Her mum was sexually assaulted 3 months before her death and was forced to marry y/n's dad. This also made it hard for y/n and Beth to grow up as there parents fought a lot and her mother just couldn't take it so she left. She left to be at a better place, a place that made y/n suffer from depression ever since her mum left. Y/n wanted to go and be with her but knew her mother would want her to stay and so she did. Y/n and her sister lived with there Aunt Katie for a while until Beth had enough money to buy a house for y/n and her. They never got along and her sister became an addict for drugs, partying, spending money and drinking. Y/n learned to do everything her self but she did slightly get addicted to weed and smoking after her sister was high and made her have some weed with her. Y/n was smart though, she knew her limits and what was safe or not, she could defend herself if anything was to happen and because her sister didn't care about her, she didn't know the things y/n did.

(Y/n POV)

Like any other day, I woke up 30mins past my alarm. I had to get up and go to school as much as I hated it. I put on sweat pants and a hoodie and did my mascara. I snuck into my sister room before walking to school when she was eating breakfast and I took a packet of cigarettes from her draw and stuffed it in my bra. I sprinted to school knowing I would get a detention for being late for the 5th time this week since it was Friday. I arrived at school and got a detention, That wasn't surprising. Going down the hall I looked inside my class room to see all the stupid people I hate seeing every week day and I didn't want to be there so I did the most basic thing I do everyday and wagged. I made my way to the back of the school. I got the cigarettes out which was stuffed in my bra. Shit. How am I this dumb. I didn't bring a lighter and I didn't want to walk all the way home just to have a 45% chance of finding a lighter. I just sat behind a tree with my face in my hands and then I hear a boys voice coming near me.
"Do u need a lighter?" I just looked a him and my heart beat increased.. what was going on? I've never even seen this boy before. He was so beautiful. He had tattoos on his face and looked the same age as me. He had a buzz cut but my gosh- this boy was hot. He was s-
"Hello? Do you talk?" I snapped back to reality and rolled my eyes at his sarcasm.
"Yes I talk. And yes please I need a lighter." He nodded and opened his bag and I saw packets of weed, tubs of Molly, was this kid a druggy or drug dealer? Or both??? I didn't care, he was hot. He took out a lighter and I put a cigarette in my mouth indicating him to light up my ciggy. He squatted to reach my face as I was sitting under the tree and he lit my cigarette. He was so perfect and I don't even know him. We made eye contact for 10secs and I took the cigarette out of my mouth.
"Thanks, I needed that. The principle is being dick and gave me detention so I needed this." He looked at me and nodded then sat down next to me.
"Why did he give you detention?" He looked at me with his head tilt back against the tree.
"Because I was late for the 5th time this week."
"Oh that's sucks. What's your name?"
"I'm y/n, what's yours?"
"I'm Ash, short for Ashtray." I looked at him. 'Ashtray? As in the cigarette tray?' I thought to myself.
"Ashtray.. as in a cigarette tray or..?"
"Yeah. My grandma well not by blood but that doesn't matter, she named me Ashtray."
"I don't even know you or your grandma but I like her" he chuckled a bit and smiled. This boy, his smile.. it was everything for some reason. He looked at me
"Hey I gotta go but it was good meeting you y/n hope to see you around." He got up and something fell out of his pocket. I was so focused on checking him out as he left I didn't even notice something had fallen out of his pocket until he went. I looked down at it and noticed it was the lighter he lit my cigarette with. I picked it up and put it in my bra and I couldn't stop smiling knowing he said 'hope to see you around' I don't care if I'm overreacting, I'm in love. Tf is wrong with me- your at school y/n stop- your not meant to be smiling. I attended all my classes for the day and I had to take my detention 🙄. I went home and ran to my room and threw my self on my bed. I need to find this boy. Something about him just made me so happy and the type of happiness he gave me.. only my mother could make me this happy.

"Y/N SOMEONES AT THE DOOR GET DOWN HERE NOW AND SEE WHO IS ANNOYING US!"