What Can We Use?

The inside of the abandoned building is completely frozen in time. The Show Stage sits empty, as well as Pirate's Cove. The tables are molded, rotten with age.

"Where are the animatronics?" I ask the silence.

"Probably backstage... or in storage," Jonah replies. I jump onto the stage, which creaks and cracks underfoot.

"Be careful!" Jasmine exclaims.

"Believe it or not, I am," I reply, "These boards are thirty years old, remember?" I move the curtain to reveal the door to the storage area. "Here!" I exclaim as I try to open the door. I twist the doorknob and it breaks off.

"So, now how are we getting in?" Jasmine asks.

"Crowbar?" Jonah replies.

"Did you bring one?" I ask. Jonah goes outside to the van and brings in a tool bag.

"If you can't find one in there, then we are royally fucked," Jonah says with a chuckle.

I roll my eyes and open the bag. Inside are various tools, a blowtorch (don't ask why), screwdrivers, drills, lock picks, and at the very bottom is a crowbar. I retrieve it from the bag and wedge it into the door.

"I have a question," I remark.

"What is it?" Jasmine asks.

"Why am I doing all the work?" I ask.

"It was your idea, love," Jasmine replies. I sigh and start to pull the door open with the crowbar. The door creaks and opens to reveal an empty room, other than a box in the corner.

"What is that?" Jonah asks. I shrug and go over to the box.

"It looks like a normal box," I say and try to lift it. The box doesn't lift from the ground. "What is in this?"

"Why don't you open it?" Jasmine mocks. I glare at her and she glares back. I gaze back to the box and the small opening in the top. I bend down at the box, grasp the flap and pull it open.