|4| Mission "Escape the Alpha", Status: FAIL!

|Story Start| 

|Rosalie Burns|

“Oh come on Rosalie! Please open the door? I’m really sorry!” Asher pleaded once again as he banged on the bathroom door. 

“No! Go away!” I shouted back. I was too slow to lock the door of the bedroom so I had to settle for locking the bathroom door. Currently I was lying down in the dry bathtub, why? Well this bathtub was one of those fancy ones that you see in rich people’s homes. I don’t really know how to describe it so you’re going to have to use your imagination. Think big and think cool.

“Please! Sweetheart, I’m really sorry!” he tried again. I groaned “Just go away! I don’t want to talk to you right now!” I heard him growl before stomping away. I thought I was in the clear until I heard the T.V in the bedroom turn on. I groaned again and pressed my face into the side of the tub. It felt cool against my warm skin. 

I felt the tears start to bunch up and I let them flow freely. I took my leather jacket off and hung it on the side of the bathtub and I also took my combat boots off and dropped them onto the floor. My wrists stung slightly from the burns but I ignored it and wrapped them around my legs.

I buried my head in my knees and began to cry. As each second passed my sobs grew harder and louder as they wracked my chest. I don’t know why I was crying, I mean I don’t usually break down easily. 

Okay that’s a huge lie, I am probably one of the most emotional people you could ever meet. I was crying because of my family and how worried they would be. I could see their reactions now.

Matt would be silently grieving, thinking up numerous ideas of what happened to me and how they could find me. He most likely is at the library, sitting at the circular table in the back. His face would show nothing but complete concentration. 

Knowing Mark he would be in his room strumming on his guitar, feeling guilty about the whole thing. He probably felt like he didn’t do enough to keep me safe, like he should’ve been holding me the whole time so we wouldn’t split up. He would cry silently as he played.

Jake and Cole would be acting in almost the same matter.  Both angry and frustrated but would take it out differently. I know Cole would probably get drunk and start sleeping around with any girl with legs, that’s how he dealt with guilt. He did the same thing when his mother died last spring in a car accident. Now Jake, he was the one I was most worried for, aside from my father of course. Jake is the most protective of the four and will take his anger out by fighting; he broke the wall one time when I got so mad at him and refused to talk to him. 

Fresh tears came to my eyes when I thought of my father. He would be heartbroken, he just lost my mom and now I was gone too. He was most likely a mess, probably getting drunk. I never told anyone but he was a violent drunk. I shivered at the memories. That’s not something I want to think about right now. I just felt so guilty, why couldn’t I be a normal hunter? Why am I so different?

I continued to sob into my knees and let my emotions run free. 

“Sweetheart? Rosie? Open the door! Are you okay? Rosalie if you don’t open this door right now, I’ll do it myself!” Asher’s worried and frustrated voice demanded through the door. I was too emotional to do anything else other than yell back a sob filled “I’m fine! Just go!” as my voice cracked in several places.

Suddenly the door smashed open and I snapped my head up to see Asher was standing there. He took in my disheveled self and immediately his angry features turned soft, he rushed to my side and scooped me into his arms. This time I didn’t try to pull away and just grabbed fistfuls of his shirt and cried in his chest.