13. Spy

Felix's point of view.

I told my uncle that he will be working better if he took some day off. I also might've added about some ancient miraculous book in South Asia he might want to see. I also said that I will take care of Adrien. Well the only important thing is that he's away till tomorrow's evening and I  can peacefully operate with my plan about Marinette Dupain-Cheng connection to Ladybug.

Party have already started. It was 10 PM when house was fulfilled with teenagers. I was standing there at the corner observing everyone, especially looking for one person.

There she is.

Standing in her red ruffled mini dress. She has a white sweater on the top of it. Her hair was tied into two pigtails as usual. I cross my eyes with her for a second. I immediately look away. 

- Okay everyone, I'm so glad to have you here! My dad will be back tomorrow evening so let's party without any worries! - Adrien shouted. The crowd went crazy.

Adrien seemed really weird since that night I talked to him about the party. He drank a lot today, as if he was trying to fill his void with it. Like something bad happened but he won't tell anyone. He is drowning his sadness in alcohol. Did he even had alcohol in his mouth before...?

- WE'LL DO SPIN THE BOTTLE EVERYONE! - Nino yelled holding Adrien's shoulder. They both held drinks in their hands.

A lot of my classmates and Adrien's friends were going upstairs to play the game. Some of the people stayed in the kitchen looking for more alcohol. Some was making up in the nooks.

 I looked at Marinette. She didn't go. In fact, she started to go in an opposite way.

I started slowly and quietly walking behind her. I was in a safe distance so I won't get caught instead. She was looking around and touching a lot of things. Like she was checking everything. She went through the hallway right to Gabriel's office.

Is she just obsessed with Adrien or is there something else...? There is a big chance she is just another psycho fan.  

 First thing that took her attention was huge Emily picture in the middle of the wall. She went closer and touched it as well. Almost got the combination. But she doesn't know it's a secret transit to the basement. She went to the safe. She looked around. 

I hid in the right time. She didn't see me. 

I saw her leaning over it, covering my view from seeing what is she doing with the lock. 

It just opened. She gasped.

- Ticket to Tibet...? - She mumbled to herself.  - But you know what's in Tibet. - She was frightened when she was checking through all of that stuff. She also took my uncle's book...?

- Re...m..ber to b.. ca...t..ous ..ri..net..! - Some voice mumbled to her very quietly. I couldn't hear well.

 Is she talking with someone on the phone? Maybe she's on the phone with other psycho fans, or Ladybug or god knows who I'm so confused.

I decided to show up as she was rummaging through the safe.