Chapter 4: The beginning of trouble.

A/N

*gasps* two chapters in one day Oh, my, Gosh!

As the days turned into weeks, Iroh and Xavier's drama slowly died out, until they were almost like before he moved in. I noticed the way they ignored each other was incredibly polite, but also dead steely. 

One morning, two months after the 'he-ruined-my-life' incident, Anne called a family meeting.

"I know this is going to sound weird." She said. "But I've seen something that I don't know how to describe." She sighed. "It's almost like, Like." She stopped, pinched the bridge of her nose, and winced. "Almost like Evys." She opened her eyes to look at us.

I blinked once and looked at Claire as her mother, Amily, said:

"Evys? My dear Anne, are you feeling well?" Amily clearly worried for my God-mothers sanity.

"Yes, quite," Anne looked around at us all. "That is why I am so confused. I am in the height of good health and that is the problem. I." She paused, as though still quite not believing it herself. "I saw Evys." 

"I believe you," Iroh said, firmly.

"Thank you, Iroh, but I don't know what we can do about it. All the other people who claim to have seen Evys have said she doesn't like the way I am running her country. I thought I was doing well!" She sighed heavily and I saw tears forming in her eyes. 

I took the opportunity to stand and hug her.

"Anne..." Pa said. "Are you sure your saw Evys?"

"Yes." Anne scowled into my hair.

"Ok. Then we need to make a plan of action." Enoch, Claire's stepfather, said firmly.

Anne breathed in slowly then blew a breath out. "Fine, but what?"

I released her from her hug and said:

"What if we went out and looked for her ship? I mean it can't hurt, right?"

Xavier stood from the back of the room. "If she's going to look for Evys' ship, so am I." He glared at his mother, completely engored Enoch's scowl, and then looked at Anne. "You may not be MY godmother, but you are her's. Surely you don't want her to go alone? And you know she will."

My Dads nodded and mumbled something about 'Well she can do what she wants, that's how we raised her' and stuff like that.

Anne looked down at me, then across at my Dads, and finally to Xavier. "Fine. But you have to take your homework and things like that. Take Pete so you can communicate with us. and find a crew. You are not sailing neither a sailboat nor an airboat by your selves."

"Yes, my queen." Xavier bowed and left. 

I quickly hugged Anne again and said:

"Thank you, my queen" I then hurried after Xay.

~*out in the hallways*~

"XAY!" I yelled. He was walking like a speed runner, why did he have to be so tall?

"WHAT?" He called back.

"WAIT UP, YOU KNOW I'M SHORT!" I called back, huffing.

He slowed and looked down at me. "Oh, Yeah."

We walked quite fast to the docking bays in the back courtyard of Forn Castle. The only boats there were 'INCIDIUS' the sailboat, 'REVENGE' the airship, and 'EVYS' the sail-air ship.

"I think we ask for EVYS, it is slightly coincidental that this is our mission, and that is a possible boat..." Xavier said thoughtfully.

"Yeah.." This mission seemed too like too much of a coincidence. Who decided that it was ok to send Xavier and me on a mission together? we'd tear each other apart... right?