Chapter 9: The Pretty Blonde Boy with the Flower Crown (pt 8)

A/N: So, I'm back from camp... and from my vacation in Tennessee😂

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter, don't forget your tissues 😢 !!

(1125 words)
________________________

If the concept of time travel was real and you were allowed to go back in time, what would be the first place you visited?

Would you visit a moment in history that always sparked an interest in you? Would you travel in time to get a taste of what it was like to live during a certain period? Or would you choose to travel back to a time when you existed and fix all the mistakes that made you live a life of regret?

Yoongi would choose the third option, without a doubt. Revisiting the story, the only story he's ever created, reminded him why he refused to talk about it after so many years.

80 years later to be exact and Yoongi still remembers every detail of what he considers to be the worst day of his life. And now as he retells the story to the person downstairs, he holds back tears because the outcome of his selfishness will be something he will never get over, no matter how much he tries to push it away and forget it.

Yet, he can't because that memory will forever be engraved in his mind.
________________________

The next morning started normally, with Jimin meeting him downstairs as always and walking him to school down the familiar path. The only slight difference was the energy around them. It was light, giddy, their hearts unable to stop racing as their hands interlocked.

Students in their classrooms anticipated time to move faster so they could leave for Christmas break. On the other hand, like he did every day, Yoongi wanted time to hurry so he could meet up with his friend at lunch. However, the lunch break that Yoongi so anticipated never came.

A knock disturbed the chaos of the classroom, followed by a well-known man, the counselor of the school, walking through the door with a clipboard in his hand. He apologized for interrupting before lifting his clipboard to his face and reading out a name that made Yoongi's heart stop.

"Min Yoongi."

The entire class turned their heads to him.

The stares made him blush with embarrassment, not used to having so many eyes directed at him.

Wordlessly, he stood up and gathered his stuff quickly, swinging his backpack lazily over his shoulder before walking to the man by the door. The disgusted glance the counselor gave him only caused Yoongi to worry more.

He couldn't stop himself from overthinking about what it was he might have done. He was a good kid with no bad habits. He hadn't snuck drugs to school. He hadn't snuck alcohol either. He hadn't even ditched a class.

What could he have done ?

But then, it clicked when he followed his counselor to another classroom, likely picking up another student. He waited outside the classroom, so afraid of being right, but when the man called out a name, Yoongi's world stopped.

"Park Jimin."

And now Yoongi was no longer nervous, he was terrified .

They know. They must know but how?

As soon as the boy he expected walked out of the classroom with the man trailing behind him, he felt his eyes water in guilt. When their glossy eyes met, he couldn't turn away, knowing they were both thinking the same thing. However, they didn't say anything. Hell, as they followed the adult to where he was taking them, the pair couldn't even look at each other.

For the first time in his life, Yoongi felt shame crawling up in his skin.

He wanted to hold Jimin's hand because he knew he was just as scared as he was but he couldn't.

He couldn't and he wouldn't.

They were fucked and there was nothing they could do about it.

The first words the counselor said once Yoongi and Jimin were seated in his office happened to be the ones Yoongi feared but expected nonetheless.

"We've had reports that you two have been committing homosexual acts on school grounds. We do not allow that here so we've contacted your parents to take you so your... disease won't spread to any more students. Until you're cured, you are, as a result of this, expelled."

The man's voice was laced with nothing but disgust and he didn't bother hiding it. Yoongi heard a sob escape Jimin's lips, and shit, he was on the edge of bursting into tears too. But what stopped him was the slap that echoed through the room and made him flinch at its high volume.

He turned his head in Jimin's direction. He was desperate for something to ground him. To comfort him and tell him everything was going to be alright. For Yoongi, of course, it was Jimin. But when he found Jimin's head to be whipped to the side, it was then he realized their counselor had slapped him, treating him like an animal because he shed a few tears.

Because he was a human who had fallen in love.

Yoongi felt the anger begin to boil inside of him, but he held himself back, knowing he'd face consequences if he chose to fight back. He just hoped Jimin understood that and didn't think he didn't care about him.

For now, all they could do was wait for their parents to show up, which Jimin's mother did a few minutes later. She looked livid at her tearful son, who looked back at her in terror, already thinking of all the horrific scenarios his father might do to him when his mother tells him about what Jimin had done.

So, he looked at Yoongi just to memorize the features of his first love.

He didn't know when he'd see him again, so he took advantage for a second. For that second time slowed down for him, and it seemed like the only people in the room were themselves.

Yoongi's dark hair that reminded him of the sky he met him under. His sleepy eyes which held every possible spark of life that made Jimin feel warm. His soft, chubby cheeks that Jimin loved to hold in his palm.

It was like saying goodbye to the childish love they created, they built.

Maybe if things were different, if they hadn't let their guard down, if they had been more careful, where would they be now?

Yoongi could have grabbed Jimin's wrist and pulled him as they ran away from the adults. Ran away from everything that wished to separate them.

But he was just a kid. How much power does a fifteen-year-old have?

And just like that, after hearing some apologies to the man behind the desk from the woman gripping Jimin's wrist, he was dragged out of the room with scared whimpers leaving his lips.

Out of Yoongi's life.
________________________
A/N: Special thanks to MKKflower for editing 💖