Chapter 6 : The Pretty Blonde Boy with the Flower Crown (pt 5)

A/N: I have until chapter 8 almost ready to be published, I just need a few editing to do. I hope to finish posting it by March.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter, I'm so excited!!

(2666 words)
________________________
A Teenager's Romance- Ricky Nelson

Only You- The Plasters

At the age of fifteen, Yoongi experienced what it felt like to put his life into the hands of someone else. It just happened to be the time when he began to understand the driving emotion behind every superhero's battles for the sake of the people they want to save.

Love.

Yoongi grew aware of how overprotective he became of Jimin, never wanting to see anyone hurt him in any way. He felt like Jimin's personal superhero. Every day, he dedicated himself to using every bit of himself to protect his best friend because that was what a good best friend did. At least that's what he'd tell himself.

He wondered if other boys did the things he did to keep their best friends happy. Did they care so much that if death was an option to save them... they would take it?

People were right. Being a teenager is such a confusing time.

With Jimin's birthday coming up, he planned to make him a flower crown to replace the one broken by the assholes at school. After throwing away the remains of the original ruined accessory, he wanted to buy his friend another one and surprise him with it, yet as he thought about it, he figured it'd mean more if he made it himself.

The first step he did was analyzing the crown Jimin gifted him when they met, jotting down an idea of the materials he'd need on a yellow sheet of paper from his school notebook.

Later, his mom drove him around town to different stores, accompanying him in buying every item on his crumpled-up list. He worked on it every night for two weeks straight, gluing purple statice flowers onto a decorative wire and shoving the project under his bed whenever Jimin's arrival signal would shine through his window.

He wanted it to be a surprise after all.

October 13th came around quicker than Yoongi expected. That morning, Jimin came around to pick Yoongi up for school. Hearing his friend had arrived by the call of his mother, he pranced down the stairs, excited to wish his friend a happy birthday and give him a hug and his gift. He presented Jimin with a cardboard box wrapped in Christmas-themed wrapping paper- because that was the only decoration paper they had- eagerly telling Jimin to open it.

Fondly looking at his friend, Jimin picked at the area where the paper was slightly elevated from the rest and pulled on it, the crisp sound of the material tearing becoming music to Yoongi's ears that boosted his anticipation. The opening Jimin had created revealed the brown, coffee color of the cardboard box. The birthday boy continued to pull and tear the paper until the opening of the box was revealed, which happened to be sealed with another piece of tape, a small flap on its end to make it easier to open the gift. After shaking it a little to hear the quiet thuds of the object inside, Jimin's fingers got a hold on the small flap and pulled, the box opening on itself followed by a gasp left by his lips. For a moment, Yoongi saw him stare at the gift in disbelief, yet he knew by his friend's priceless reaction, that his hard work had paid off.

With a shaky hand, Jimin reached in and took out the item. To Yoongi, it was decent, not as perfect as how Jimin made them but he was proud of his work. And he had the right to be proud because when their eyes met, there was a glossy seal coating Jimin's. Yet all worries disappeared when the birthday boy tackled the other into a hug, his hand still clutching onto his birthday gift. It seemed Jimin thanked him over a million times and in response, Yoongi wished his friend a happy birthday again, followed by a sincere request he hoped he'd carry on.