Chapter 5: The Pretty Blonde Boy with the Flower Crown (pt 4)

A/N: Holy SHIT, it's been a fucking while. Well, here's another chapter for you guys, I won't say too much so you can read it now but I hope you guys are having the best of the best days😁

OK ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!

(1303 words)
________________________

Jimin was woken up by the warm light of the setting sun beaming over his eyelids, making its entrance through the clear glass of the bedroom window.

It came to him like an alarm clock when he sat up with his eyes wide, looking around to recognize the familiar lilac walls and beige carpet floors that did not belong to him.

He needed to get home.

Right now.

As he was in a hurry, he hoped to not bump into anyone as he scurried down the stairs, but was instead met with an unexpected scene: Yoongi, eating dinner on the table with his family.

Jimin felt a wave of relief pass through him as he realized he wasn't late for school after all and his mom wasn't going to kick his ass for sneaking out at night.

Yoongi's dad was the first to notice Jimin's presence and the first to call out his name in glee. Yoongi and his mother craned their necks to look at the blonde as well, which made it nerve-wracking for Jimin to even talk with so many eyes on him. It used to be easier when he was a child but now, he wasn't one, and growing up with Yoongi proved that to him.

With a mind racing with so many thoughts, Jimin chuckled nervously, thanking the man for welcoming him into his house but explaining that he had to leave because his parents awaited him for supper. Yoongi's eyes stayed on his friend after his father dismissed him in a disappointing voice.

After a quick, thankful bow, Jimin headed to the front door, unaware that Yoongi had stood up from the table and followed him outside.

He didn't want Jimin to leave. Not when they still had so many things they had to talk about.

Yoongi only hoped that his dad had encouraged him a little more to get him to stay.

He knew he sounded selfish, but after seeing the things he did in the bathroom today, Yoongi was hesitant to let Jimin out of his sight. And if Jimin had gone through that kind of bullshit at school, he sure as hell was not letting him go home to experience more.

Before Jimin could walk out the door, Yoongi caught up to him, stopping him with a simple word,

"Wait."

When Jimin craned his head to him, showing him his full attention, the only pathetic excuse of homework came out of Yoongi's lips. Jimin brushed it off with a smile, saying he'd do the work at home, not wanting to be a burden anymore. Yet, Jimin had an idea of why he was being asked to stay, Yoongi could sense he knew it wasn't because of homework. So his last words before walking out to the coldness of the black night were, "I'll come over tonight."

And just like he promised, later that night, Jimin showed up on his front porch with a flashlight in hand. Relieved to see him again, Yoongi reached out to wrap his arms around the other in a tight hug, one that Jimin returned in a heartbeat, burying his small face into his best friend's neck.

Yoongi heard whimpers of apologies in his ear, and he didn't understand why Jimin was saying them. There was no reason for him to be sorry.

If there were any apologies to be exchanged, they should have come from Yoongi because he had been the shitiest friend recently. As he hugged the only person he cared so much about, taking in the calming scent that reminded him of home, of everything right in the world, his eyes began to water at the feeling of one day not being there to save him. After all, today's events were his fault since he introduced Jimin to his bullies.