Chapter 3: The Pretty Blonde Boy with the Flower Crown (pt 2)

(1516 words)
________________________
My Girl- The Temptations

Yoongi doesn't recall when or even how Jimin and himself had gotten closer. Perhaps it was the day Jimin knocked on his front door, declaring he was there to play with Yoongi, and of course, Yoongi's mother had let him in, excited to hear that her son had made a friend. However, after hearing this neighbor was there, Yoongi refused to leave his room until the other left.

Or perhaps it was the night Jimin found a way to climb to his roof and tap on his bedroom window, adamantly waiting for a response from the other.

The constant tapping woke the boy in bed. Fluttering his eyes open, he turned his head left and right while his eyes stayed squinting, trying to locate where the faint tapping sound was coming from. Through his squinted eyes, the sight of a silhouette outside his window had him widening them, a small squeak escaping his lips as he instinctively reached his arms out to grip onto his sheets to prevent himself from rolling off his bed. Still frightened, so close to running out of his room and calling his parents, the more he stared at the shadow outside, the more he began to recognize its familiar features; like the pretty flower crown that sat prettily on its head. Then Yoongi realized it wasn't a stranger at all.

It was Jimin, outside his room.

Of course, it was him. Who else wore a crown like his? And who else would be crazy enough to climb up to his window in the middle of the night?

But what was he doing here?

Yoongi absentmindedly walked to the window, opening it with a shocked yet confused expression. Before any words were exchanged between the pair, Jimin placed his hand on the window frame and brought all his arm strength together to try to haul himself into Yoongi's room uninvited. Although Yoongi could have pushed him back because he didn't want him there, he knew doing so would be a heartless act that could hurt the other. Instead, he pushed his thoughts out of his head as he helped him by placing his hands under Jimin's arms and pulling him inside. When Jimin's torso was in the room, he told Yoongi to let go; he did without asking questions.

Jimin's hands touched the carpet, his legs still sticking out the window. Yoongi watched in silence as Jimin began to walk with his hands, practically crawling until his legs made their way inside too and the blonde collapsed, breathing heavily by how exhausting breaking into a house was. Jimin thanked him as he stood up, a relaxing smile that made Yoongi even more confused.

First of all, it was late at night when a boy he had only just met decided to repeatedly knock and essentially break into his house. Many questions were running through his head, especially why Jimin was there in the first place. Surprisingly, it was the first question Jimin shyly answered when he noticed Yoongi hadn't spoken in 5 minutes, almost like he was reading his mind.

It was unusual for Yoongi to have conversations about his personal life, especially in front of strangers. And yet, here Jimin was freely opening up to the other with zero hesitation.

The pretty boy looked around the room, analyzing the changes Yoongi had made, his eyes widening with fascination. Jimin explained that before Yoongi had moved in this was his hideout. A place where he felt safe, his home away from the family God had given him.

Yoongi's room was where he slept most nights, shivering in the cold. It was Yoongi's room where he began to make flower crowns and colored paintings of random fantasies. Yoongi's questions were eventually answered as Jimin talked, feeling a sense of sympathy and guilt because he had technically taken away someone's comfort spot. Without a second thought, Yoongi told Jimin he was welcome to spend the night with him.

Even if he had only met the boy yesterday, Yoongi could tell a good person by the way they talked about their lives, about the things they find themselves loving. And Yoongi knew he loved this place when it was a house waiting for a family.