Chapter 17

"I know we said no communication," Bail said, as you opened the transmitter. "But your silence worries me. If he's found you, if he's learned of the children...If I don't hear from you soon, I'll head to Tatooine. Owen will need help with he boy. I pray you're safe, Y/n Tano. All of you."

         The transmitter shut off, and you leaned against the wall, running your fingers through your hair. Tala walked in, and you grabbed the transmitter.

         "Everything alright?" She asked. You looked at her.      

         "It will be," You said. She nodded slowly.

         "You know, I was following orders on Garel," Tala said. "The Empire said it was a roundup. People not paying their way, taxes for the cause. They lied. There were four families, all Force-sensitive, and we, we gathered them up. I didn't know who they were. I didn't know what the Inquisitors would do. Fourteen people died, and six of them were children, and I couldn't do anything to help them. So now, I do this. You're right, Y/n. Some things you can't forget. But you can fight to make them better."

         "We're in trouble," Roken said. You and Tala ran after him. You got back down to the base, to find the door nearly opened and cracked.

         "I don't know how long it's gonna hold," Roken said. "We got a plan B here?"

         "Yeah, turn me in," You said.

         "No!" Obi-Wan said. "Plan B is we have to slow them down."

         "Tell the Inquisitor I want to talk," You said. "She started this when I was taken back to Vader. I'll buy as much time as I can."

         You walked up to the doors, Roken, Tala, and Obi-Wan, trying to help people get ready to escape.

         You waited. You felt her presence come closer.

         "If this is you stalling for time," Reva said. "It won't work. Lord Vader will have you at any cost."

         "You mean Anakin," You said. You looked into her mind. Screaming. Anakin. You. Attacking the young Padawans. "You knew who Vader was. Back on Daiyu, how did you know that? Vader would've kept that hidden, and you're too young to have known him. Unless...unless you were there."

         "It doesn't matter where I was," Reva said, closing you from her thoughts.

         "The night of Order 66," You said. "You were a youngling. That's how you knew. You saw him. You saw us."

         "Stop," Reva said.

         "Anakin and I killed the others," You said.

         "That's enough," Reva said.

         "We killed the other younglings," You said. "But somehow you su—"

         "Enough, ENOUGH!" Reva yelled.

         It was silent. Reva allowed you back into her mind, and you watched. Reva was a small kid, and she watched as you and Anakin walked in, lightsabers drawn, and killed the younglings.

         "I thought you were there to help us," Reva said. "I tried to help them, but I couldn't. I was too weak. When you left, I played dead. Hid with the bodies."

         You closed your eyes, tears streaming down your face. You couldn't believe you killed all those young innocent younglings, because you thought it was right.

         "Felt them go cold," Reva said. "They were the only family I knew, and you slaughtered them."

         "You're not serving him, are you?" You said. "You're hunting him. Let me help you."

         "Why would I ever trust you?" Reva spat. "You slaughtered my only family."

         "We want the same thing," You said.

         "Do we, Y/n Tano?" Reva asked. "Do you really want Anakin, your love, dead?"

         You didn't answer.

         "Why didn't you change him?" Reva said. "You were there with him. And here you are, running from him. Why did you become a Jen'jidai, instead of a Jedi, who saves the galaxy? Why couldn't you change him back, if he loves you so much? Why didn't you save us sooner? I don't need your help. I don't need anyone."

         "You won't stop him alone," You said.

         "You have no idea what I've done alone,'' Reva said. She activated her lightsaber, and it cut through the door, almost touching your leg. You jumped back, scowling. She pushed the door open, and almost swung at you, but you used the Force to push her back. She yelled, and the troopers and her army took fire.

         "Fall back to second position!" Obi-Wan yelled. You and Obi-Wan blocked shots, you lightsaber showing more blue then red. About 3/4's of your saver was blue.

         "There's to many!" You yelled.

         "Keep fighting, young one!" Obi-Wan yelled. "Ahsoka is here with us! Keep fighting!"

         You imagined fighting with Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Ahsoka. Everyone all together. You continued fighting, using the Force to blow some troopers back if they approached to close.

         "Retreat!" Tala yelled. "Y/n! Obi-Wan! We gotta go!"

         You and Obi-Wan ran behind Tala and the people, back into the facility.

         "Get them!" You heard Reva yell.

         You continued running, picking up people who fell.

         "I got you!" You said, picking up a woman.

         "Y/n! Behind you!" Obi-Wan yelled. You spun around, using the Force to pick up the trooper and smash him into the others.

         "Tala!" You heard Obi-Wan cry. You turned around, to see Tala lying on the ground. She was shot.

         You activated your saber again, blocking shots and trying to get to Tala, but there were too many. Troopers surrounded Obi-Wan, Reva and more troopers surrounding you. The loader droid bent down, wrapping Tala in it's arms, protecting her.

         "Tala! No! Tala!" Obi-Wan shouted.

         You closed in with Obi-Wan, fighting troopers.

         "Go, Obi-Wan," Tala said. "Y/n."

         She pressed a button, making the doors close between you and her.

         "NO!" You yelled, banging on the door, watching Tala rummage around her belt, and pulling out a grenade.

         "GET BACK!" Reva yelled, as Obi-Wan grabbed your arm and ran. You didn't see it, but your heard the sounds of cracking bones.

         Once you got back to the facility, Obi-Wan held you close. You sobbed into his shoulder, and he cried into yours.

         Some say Jedi don't cry. But these one certainly do.