Chapter 6

You and Obi-Wan landed in Daiyu, Obi-Wan holding a tracker in his hand. You pulled your cloak more over your head, and looked at the tracker.

         "Excuse me," Obi-Wan said, to a man. "I'm looking for a ship. I was tracking its signature."

         "You're in Daiyu now," The man said. "All signals in or out are blocked."

         "How could I forget?" You muttered.

         You remembered when you and your older sister Ahsoka set out to Daiyu for a mission with Anakin, but you were separated from him, and tried to use a tracker to find him. It didn't work.

         "People like their secrets out here," The man said. He walked away from you both, leaving you both standing there.

         "Looks like we're doing this the Jen'jidai way," You muttered.

         You both walked around the city, the only cloaked figures around. But no one paid any attention. They were to busy arguing, fighting, or talking.

         Your eyes scanned for any clues, and your ears listened to any cries of a little girl.

         "Spare any credits?" Someone said. You and Obi-Wan turned, to see a man, hunched over against the wall, holding out a bowl of broken coins. "Help a veteran get a warm meal."

         You rummaged around your back pouch without taking your eyes off the man, before throwing in some spare change. He nodded at you, before Obi-Wan pulled you away.

         "Out of the way!"

         You looked up, almost running into a—

         "Stormtrooper," You thought. Obi-Wan grabbed your arm, hissing at you.

         "Watch where your going, young one," Obi-Wan whispered. "Any quick move you make could reveal your face."

         You nodded, before continuing to walk. A girl with dyed pink hair walked up to you.

         "Want some spice, suspicious girl?" She asked. You scowled. "I got Kessel pure, glitterstim, and Felucian. What do you need?"
          "How about some information?" You said, biting your bottom lip and looking at the girl. She raised her eyebrow at you.

         "I'm looking for my daughter," You continued. "She was taken, and she's on this planet."

         "Well, if she's here, you're never gonna see her again," The girl said. You narrowed your eyebrows. "Nobody leaves this place. I was someone's daughter once, too. Here,"

         She grabbed some spices from her bag, before shoving it into your hands.

         "That one's free," She whispered. "Couple more of those and you'll forget she ever existed."

         She nodded at you and Obi-Wan, before walking away.

         "You having trouble?" A small boy asked you, arms crossed. "There's a Jedi. He helps people."

         "The Jedi are all gone," Obi-Wan said.

         "I'll take you to him," The boy said. You wrinkled your nose. "For the right price."

         The boy led you to a small building, where you and Obi-Wan slipped inside. He led you to a small room with open garages and a table.

         "Stay here," The boy said. "The Jedi will be here soon."

         You leaned against the wall in the shadows, before hearing a door open.

         "It's okay, you're safe now," A man's voice said. He opened his hand, letting the garage gate doors close. "I won't let anything happen to you."
          But you realized...the Force doesn't close things that easily. And not that smoothly. That was not a Jedi.