Chapter 5

"Obi-Wan!" You yelled from the kitchen. "Your device is beeping!"

         Obi-Wan scurried to stand up, quickly brushing sand away, before heading to the transmitter.

         He pressed the button, and you sat down next to Obi-Wan. It was Princess Leia's parents.

         "We don't know who it was," Bail said. "No ransom, no leads. Whoever they are, they knew where she would be. They...they were waiting."

         "She needs you, Obi-Wan," Berha said. "She needs you too, young Y/n. We cannot trust anyone else."

         "What about the senate?" You said.

         "We cannot let this become public," Bail said. "It would draw too much attention."

         "Well, your guard then?" Obi-Wan said.

         "Or a bounty hunter?" You suggested.

         "Only you two know how important she really is, Obi-Wan, and Y/n," Bail said. "If Leia is discovered—"

         "We can't leave here, Bail," You said. "Obi-Wan's duty is to the boy. And the Inquisitors are after me. Stepping out into the public would wreck me. Hell, it could kill me!"

         "What about your duty to his sister?" Bail said.

         "Sister?" You thought.

         "She's as important as he is," Bail said. Obi-Wan sighed, and you looked at him. He looked at you.

         "It's been 10 years," Obi-Wan said. "We're not who we used to be."

         Bail and Berha stared at you both, worry and sadness in their eyes.

         "Find someone else," Obi-Wan said. "She'll be better off."

*                         *                         *

         Once again, the whistle blew. You slammed your knife down, waiting impatiently for Obi-Wan. The whole ride home you tapped your foot on the floor, huffing breathes. You couldn't stop thinking of Bail and Leia. You had a daughter as well?

         "Something is bothering you, young one," Obi-Wan said. You looked at him, shaking your head.

         "Nothing, uncle," You said. He sighed, before nodding and biting his lip.

         When you walked into town, you gasped and almost choked on your tears. Nari was hanging on a ledge, hung, dead. Obi-Wan gathered you into his arms, covering your eyes and mouth as you continued to sob.

         It was a quiet ride home on the Eopie's, as you cried very now and then.

         "It is okay, young one," Obi-Wan said, over the gushing wind.

         "No, it's not!" You said. "I did those sort of things to innocent people. After seeing that, do you know how I feel?"

         Obi-Wan sighed. When you dismounted your Eopie, the intruder alert buzzed. Someone was in your home.

         You pulled the cloak over your head, creeping inside behind Obi-Wan, to see a cloaked man. He turned around at your presence.

         "She's headed for Daiyu," The cloaked man said, taking off his hood and revealing himself. Bail.

         "You should not have come," Obi-Wan said.

         "They hid their signature behind a freight transport," Owen said, ignoring Obi-Wan's comment. "The ship is on its way there now."

         "We can't," Obi-Wan said.

         "She's my daughter, Obi-Wan," Bail said. You pulled off your hood.

         "My daughter, actually," You said. "You're like the foster parents."

         Bail ignored you, which made you irritated.

         "We told you," Obi-Wan said. "We are not the saviors you remember."

         "I was not a savior," You said. "I was the villain."

         "Hush, young one," Obi-Wan said. "That was 10 years ago."        

         "You both are going to have to be!" Bail said, upset.

         "We can't leave the boy," Obi-Wan said.

         "This isn't about the boy, and you know it!" Bail said. He looked at you. "You've made mistakes. We all do. But it's the past, young Y/n. Move on. Be done with it. You couldn't save your love, but you can save her."

         You wanted to scream and yell when people said "your love." It made you mad. You knew you couldn't save him. But you should've. You were there with him.

         "And what if we can't?" You said.

         "There is no one I trust more with my child than you two," Bail said. "Please, old friends. For her. One last fight."

*                         *                         *

         You and Obi-Wan rode out to the middle of the desert on your Eopie's.

         "This is absurd!" You said, your Eopie's kneeling. "Are we actually gonna go out into the galaxy and save Leia?"

         "It's good for you," Obi-Wan said, dismounting and kneeling in the sand.

         "I'm gonna die," You said, kneeling beside him. He looked at you. "And you know it."

         "Perhaps," Obi-Wan said. "Perhaps not, young Y/n. Only the future awaits."

         "This is not happening," You said, rubbing your eyes.

         Obi-Wan started digging, and you helped him. You both heard a "thunk", and you moved sand out of the way. It was a box. You and Obi-Wan took it out, and opened it. It was two lightsabers, wrapped in light cloth.

         You grabbed yours, knowing it was yours from scratch marks.

         You turned it on, half red and half blue balancing between each other. You sighed, and looked at Obi-Wan.

         "The time has come," Obi-Wan said.

*                         *                         *

         You and Obi-Wan walked into town, Obi-Wan wearing his brown Jedi cloak, and you wearing your black cloak. You had your lightsaber tucked into your waist, and your heart was beating fast. You couldn't believe you were doing this.

         You and Obi-Wan appeared at the transfers off the planet, and he nodded at you.

         "Well?" A woman said. "You coming or not?"

         And this time, it was your turn to nod at Obi-Wan. He smiled at you, before handing the woman the transfer chip. The transfer chip allowed you to travel from planet to planet.

         The woman let you guys in, and you were off to save your daughter.