Chapter 3

Alderaan

         The maids of the castle helped dress Princess Leia for her big day. She was going to meet her relatives from other kingdoms and planets, and she must look her best.   

         Although it was not Princess Leia. It was a disguise. Leia convinced her friend to dress up like her, and Leia ran away into the forest, freely.

         She did not want to see her relatives. She wanted to see the world. Nature.

         Leia ran into the woods, her droid flying behind her. She ran to the tree in the middle of the forest, where she liked to sit.

         She climbed it, resting on one of the branches.

         "Medical freighter," Leia said, watching the ships fly overhead. "Pleasure barge, boring."

         Her droid chirped sadly.

         "Casino ship? Not bad," Leia continued. Her droid chirped in agreement. "Ooh, a tri-wing! That's a new one! Ooh, an Aquillian Ranger! Probably scouting for Merson pirates."

         Her droid shook its body.

         "No?" Leia said. "Trader, maybe?"

         "Leia Organa!" Her mother said, walking into the woods and looking up the tree. "You had to do this today?"

         "Do what?" Leia said, innocently.

         "Down," Her mother commanded. Her droid chirped nervously, before Leia hopped down the tree and looked up at her mother. "It is like raising a Glor-ag."

         Leia held her droid in her hand.

         "No Lola for the rest of the day," Her mother said.

         "But she didn't do anything!" Leia complained.

         "Shut her down," Her mother said. "I mean it."

         Leia sighed sadly, before pressing the button on the top of Lola's head, watching her deactivate.

         She gave it to her mother, who placed it behind her back in her pouch.

         "If you behaved as well as you climb," Her mother said. "You'd be a senator already."

         Her mother grabbed her by the hand, leading her out of the woods.

         "You'll have to change in the speeder," She said. "Come on."

         "It's not like anyone would miss me if I wasn't there," Leia said.

         "I'd miss you," Her mother said.

         "All I ever do is wave," Leia said, rolling her eyes.

         "Then do more then wave," Breha said. "You get out of this what you put into it."

         "I'm sorry, mother," Leia said. "I really am."

         She let go of Berha's hand, stopping.

         "I promise I won't do it again," Leia said. But she knew it was a lie. Her mother wrapped his arms around the small child, sighing.

         "You know, I can feel you doing that again," Berha said. She could feel Leia rummaging around Berha's back pouch for Lola.

         Leia came out of her mother's arm, Lola in her hand, smiling.

         Berha sighed. "Come on."