Chapter Five

Pete prepares snacks on their living room while Vegas is busy helping Florence and Paris to cut out magazines for their projects. He stares outside, waiting for Venice to return.

“Our teacher asked about our dream,” Paris said while holding a scissor. “I want to be a dinosaur.”

Pete chuckled after hearing that random thought coming from Paris. She has always been that random and would say things that made them shock.

“Dinosaurs don’t exist anymore,” Vegas said forcing himself to smile. “How about Florence?”

Pete saw Florence not looking at Vegas but was busy pasting all the cut out papers on a coupon bond.

Nothing,” Florence answered. “I don’t know yet.”

“Khun Venice is here,” Nop said followed by Venice who emotionlessly entered the room.

He was holding the strap of his bag and pause for a while, looking at Vegas and Pete before he avoided them.

Pete lost his smile as he saw Venice maintains distance from them. Unlike before where he will always greet them and go to his siblings, he seems to be distant. Venice rarely approaches them including his siblings and would spend the rest of the day inside his room.

“Look at their projects.” Pete cheerfully said hoping that Venice will come forward. “They are talking about their dreams.”

Venice didn’t move a bit and his face was gloomy. When Pete saw that Venice is starting to walk away, he stands up and held his arms.

“Can we talk to you?” He calmly ask but was shocked when Venice remove his hands strongly.

“I don’t want to talk,” Venice replied and Pete clearly saw how Venice face darkened, both of his shoulders shakes and his fist were turning pale.

“Is there something wrong?” Vegas decided to asked and went near them,
leaving Florence and Paris doing their output. “Is there something wrong?” He asked again.

“I just don’t want to talk. Is that hard to understand?” Venice asked with irritation in his voice.

His eyes, just like Vegas’ became sharp as he glares to his parents.

“Now we have to talk,” Pete said and held his arms again, calming him down but he was shock that Venice takes a step back and slap his hands.

“No!”

“What the hell is that?” Vegas angrily asked and held Pete who was clearly stunned with Venice’s behavior.

Pete caressed his hand that was obviously hurt with how strong Venice slapped it. Now, Vegas and Venice are staring on each other, both are ready to fight.

“Where did you learn that?” Vegas asked and takes a step forward. “You slap your father’s hand?”

Venice sneer as his lips forms a sarcastic smile. “I don’t want to talk about anything,” He stands tall and firm showing how stubborn he is.

Vegas who has been patient with the days Venice has been avoiding him cannot help himself but to feel anger.

This kid is definitely behaving rudely that all he wanted to do is to smack him for discipline. Pete decided to be in the middle. He is sure that it will be a disaster if both Vegas and Venice argued with each other.