Chapter One

Ten Years Later

Pete stares at his reflection as he fixes his brown hair, making sure that it will be neat. His eyes were still the same- bright and dreamy.

The corner of his lips rose as his gaze darted on the reflection of the man standing behind him.

“You’re already pretty.” Vegas spoke. “For how long are you going to stare at yourself?”

“Well… I want to look presentable,” Pete said, smiling. “It is a big event after all. Why?”

He saw how Vegas rolled his eyes and sits to the edge of the bed. “Yes and I have to compete again to those men whose eyes were all glued on you.”

Compete?” Pete laughs after hearing that word. “Vegas. We literally have three kids and you still compete with other men?”

For those years, Vegas have to fight for his life everytime they attend big event. It is either he have to look after their three kids who have different personalities or to look after Pete that are being hit on by other men. It will always be that scenario.

“Even they see your wedding ring…” Vegas walks towards him and wrapped his hands around Pete’s waist for a back hug. “They still want you.”

Pete raises his left hand, stare at the silver ring that was in his finger. “Ten years, huh? Not bad.” He joked that made the other let go of the hug.

He then face Vegas and saw his bored face.

It’s been ten years but nothing much has changed. Vegas attitude became better. He finally knows how to manage his emotions, his logical reasoning is better too.

Among all, what Pete is always happy about is how Vegas had the biggest character development that he couldn’t imagine.

“You look bored,” He said and tries to fix Vegas’ black necktie.

“Talking and meeting other people is boring,” Vegas said. “Can we just all stay here and watch movies?”

“The rest will be there too.” Pete smiles at him and remove the invisible dirt on his husband’s tuxedo. “It can be a reunion.”

They were invited in a birthday celebration of one of the members of the underground society. Since Arlo died, Vegas officially became the leader and their family took the highest position. That also includes a wide connection to different families, more access and wealth.

Khun Miguel was the one celebrating his 60th birthday. He is an old mafia whose ancestors have been in the business for a long time. They aren’t close either but since everyone in the group were invited, it will be a shame to decline.

Pa!” The loud voice of a young girl was heard followed by their bedroom door opening in a loud bang.

“Can’t you knock?” Venice voice was heard too as him and Florence appears behind Paris.

Vegas and Pete looks at them as their kids enter their room. Paris is wearing a white dress which her facial expression clearly shows that she doesn’t like it. Venice and Florence are wearing a black tuxedo, hair neat and walking behind their sister.

“Pa! Do I look pretty?” Paris asked.

“Always pretty.” Pete replied.