16

Anna Shcherbakova offered her hand to help me get on top of the podium. I thanked her, also thanking Alexandra in third place.

I was on top of the world. I placed my hands together and held them to my chest as I smiled and at the audience. 

"And our winner, gold medalist, Catalina Benitez."

I took a huge breath in and bowed low so the medal could be placed around my neck. I received a the mascot which is a panda plushie that I clutched tightly.  "Congratulations," the man said and shook my hand.  "Thank you," I told him, bringing my finger to my cheek to prevent a tear to continue rolling down.

The gold in my hand shined brighter than I ever thought. I lifted my hand with my panda in the air and we all bit our medals for the pictures. 

Dream made

Though I couldn't keep my tears in longer when Panamanian National Anthem began to play. Though blurry vision I could spot my three biggest supporters outside the rink. All with their hand respectfully over their heart. But his smile was the one that made me melt. Daishinkan watched me like I had won the entire Olympics.

I took a bunch of pictures with Anna and Alexandra. We shook hands then we got off the ice. 

I leaped for Daishinkan's arms, who spun me before putting me down.  "I can't believe it." I screeched and jumped toward Karson.  "I told you you could do it." He said to me. 

"We have one thing left to do now." He whispered to me as if he didn't want Daishinkan to listen.  "And what would that be?" 

"Taking him down! In Pairs figure skating." His finger pointed at Daishinkan as he crossed his arms.  "Just look at him, square—the shape of EVIL." Karson yelled at Daishinkan's square coaching ID that hung around his neck. 

Selena raised her eyebrows at Karson's idiocy. 

"Let them have their glory while it lasts."

"Oohhh Whats that supposed to mean?" Karson cockily frowned at Daishinkan.  "It means I'll destroy both of you on the ice."

"Well now you're just making shit up at this point." I told him. He went to grab me but Karson twirled me away from his reach.  "She's my skating partner, sonny. As long as I'm around you'll only be second best."

I had to cover my mouth after that burn. Even Daishinkan was left speechless. Though he began to crack his fingers and stretch his arm,  "fine I'll fight you for her."

"With what, chop sticks?"

"Oh shi-"

Daishinkan pulled the fastest low kick to the back of Karson's knee.  "Ow!" He yelped falling on his knees, then reached for my hand, pulling me toward him.  "You gonna take her back, sonny?"

"You can keep her," Karson mellowed, rubbing the back of his knee.  "Was that Taekwondo?" I asked Daishinkan and he nodded.  "He'll be fine by tomorrow's free skate. Don't worry." He chuckled then kissed my cheek.

¥

The rest of day consisted of a fun victory dinner at some restaurant Selena found. The food was cooked before our very eyes. The four of us did shots and were soon laughing at just looking at each other.

"What's in there?" I asked the chef in front of us. She held out a bucket and showed it to me but I couldn't see in it. I reach in, though Daishinkan stopped me. "I wouldn't."

"I will." Karson volunteers. "Be our guest." I grinned at him as he reached into the bucket. He picked it out, and reached in again. He screamed, flailing his finger back where a crab had clamped his index finger