5

Third POV

The toy store was packed with patrons. Remote controlled animal balloons hovered overtop and bubbles filled the air.

Foam ball blaster in hand he pulled down his mask. Daishinkan began to search for Catalina pointing his blaster. He passed the aisles gun drawn, then he saw her looking at some movies. 

"Ha!"

The foam balls shot at Catalina as she the her hands in the air to protect her face. Daishinkan kept shooting as he got closer to her, handling her arm as if she is a prisoner.  "Hey," she said nervously. Laughing he then lifted up his mask over the red hood revealing his dace.  "Shinkan, what the heck are you wearing?" 

This shocked him.  "I'm a guard. You know, from Squid Game." 

Catalina remained silent as she thought.  "Ooohh that show, I haven't been able to get around it." She told him, feeling the fabric of the red jumpsuit.  "You haven't seen it?! Wha?"

"You seem shook."

"It's so popular, Lina. I'm highly annoyed." He joked and she laughed back,  "look JungKook, it's on my watchlist. I still need to watch Train to Busan." She stares at Daishinkan rubbing his hands on his face.

Did she really called him JungKook? In his mind it is a total compliment, but this girl has so much to learn.  "We're watching the movie tonight. Because this is unacceptable."

"Fine fine, but if you're going to wear that, then I want to wear the contestants's uniform." Catalina said to his grinning face.

They walked side by side in and out of stores wearing the costumes. Many people took pictures and even video taped them as they played around. Catalina didn't mind this since all she has on her mind is that Daishinkan is giving her all his undivided attention.

Both of them sat at a table outside drinking soda scrolling through their phones. Catalina gently placed her phone upside down nervously. There are so many good athletes competing against her.

"Shinkan, can I ask you a question?"

He looks up from his phone, straw still in his mouth. His head nods. "Do you still get nervous before performing?" She asked and he responded quickly with nods. "So nervous I sometimes throw up. Why do you ask?"

"I get really anxious and I can't stop shaking. Karson hugs me until it's our turn to skate, it calms me down."

Daishinkan smiled, only to hide the smallest bit of jealousy. "Seems like nice friend, Lina. Though it's okay to be nervous, but you can't let it affect you. This is a tough competition. You have to give it your all."

"You think Yuzuru Hanyu might beat you."

"Pfft I was almost beaten by him. He's a really tough skater..." Daishinkan quickly shook his head. "Anyway, we came here to relax, let's go to another store." He took Catalina by her hand and they walked off.

It boiled him inside out to admit Japanese figure skater Yuzuru could destroy him on the ice.

The press captured the young skaters acting their age left and right. The moment that caught everyone was the moment they were about ring up their items. And bickered over who is paying for their things and in the end Catalina won. 

¥

The midnight breeze hit Catalina's face as She walked up to the skating rink. Got into the building using the key Daishinkan said was given to him anytime he needed to skate. 

This is it. In the morning both of them head to Beijing. Her anxiety is taking over and thought She'd calm it herself for once.

Catalina put on my skates, then chose the instrumental version of Rasputin. It's the song Daishinkan broke the world and Olympic record and made history.