15

Third POV

The nerves are starting to take over now. Catalina's fingers were shaking, she had to cup her hands together to stop.

Oooh

The crowd erupted when Kamila Valieva fell for the second time. A crowd favorite now crashing down being caught up in a doping scandal. Her teammate Anna and Alexandra did so good before her.

"Catalina, you're so pale..do you want a glucose tablet?"

Her head turned toward Daishinkan who asked her the question. "Please." She responded.

Catalina chewed the glucose tablet like she was starving. Her eyes never left Kamila as she broke down after free skate. "It's okay, Lina, it's your turn next." She was made to stand. Karson and Selena hugged her quick and said 'goodluck'.

Daishinkan walked her to the entrance of the rink and waited there. He had been rubbing her arm up and down as she shook like a leaf in a storm. Both of them gasped after Kamila's score came through, throwing her out of the podium. Catalina lets out a nervous sigh and shakes off her limbs.

A representative wearing a headset approached the two. "Are you going through with the quadruple axel?" The man asked politely. Catalina glared at her coach for an answer. "Yes, she can do it." Daishinkan answer. To her surprise, he's really letting her do it.

"Thank you, I will put that through the list for the judges. Goodluck." The representative bowed and scurried off.

"All right, Catalina, it's time. Both feet to jump, one to land, Keep it in your head."

Catalina nodded and stepped on the ice. "Hey," Daishinkan called her back and gently cupped her face, putting their foreheads together. "You can do this." He whispered. "Okay, Shinkan."

He flashed her a smile then she was off.

Daishinkan found himself back where he was with Selena and Karson at the stands.

"We have our final skater on the ice. Representing Panama, Catalina Benitez. She will be skating to 'History Maker'."

Seeing how full the place is somehow calmed Catalina. So she put her game face and posed for the start of the song.

Once it began, she felt so much better about herself. Usually she doesn't freak out that much before a competition, but watching a competitor break down always gets to her. Daishinkan's expression after seeing her cry was priceless.

The first jump, a quadruple toe loop, double toe loop combination.

Quadruple...double. Catalina landed it beautifully.

Daishinkan grasped his trousers joyfully after her successful combination. It was better than they both expected.

"Her first quad was a success." Commentators say as they watched closely. "In her free skate, Catalina Benitez plans to do three quads of two different types."

"She's unusually relaxed today." Selena says, mesmerized at her student's progress.

All over the world, people gathered in their homes, at work, and outside in the city to the closest broadcast of the event. Panama's streets packed with crowds in support of the athlete. Catalina's mother Jane watched from the comfort of her home in tears.

I've worked too hard to fail now. I must surprise Daishinkan. Catalina thought as she mastered a quadruple Salchow. She smiled after landing it beautifully.

Daishinkan punched the air, "perfect, Lina!"

A camel spin is next on her list, her mind boggled as she performed the move. Thinking back to all those moments people doubted her. To her own coach advising her to never perform dangerous tricks.