Chapter 26: Finally Together

Finally, after a few weeks, Cale had been discharged from the hospital.

"Ron, you don't have to do anything. You can go back first." Cale says, staring at his butler who is currently packing his things.

Ron finishes placing the things inside the bag and smiles benignly towards his young master, a thoughtful expression on his face.

Cale averts his gaze away from his butler. He knows what Ron is thinking at the moment.

"Young master. This servant would leave first." Ron bids his last words, trudging towards the door carrying the bag at the same time.

Before he completely leaves, the butler's reminder forces Cale to freeze.

"Please be reminded to cover yourself especially in the neck area. There is a big mosquito flying around you."

The door closes unrushed.

Cale hurriedly covers the neck filled with love bites Alberu had left, embarrassed being caught by his butler. The roots of his ears redden reaching to the neck area.

Feeling stuffy, Cale drinks a cup of water to restore his composure.

Last night, he could not take it anymore. He had seduced Alberu, lightly toeing around the border of his self-control until Alberu at long last snapped.

Remembering the details, the way Alberu had wrapped his arms on his waist as he sits on his lap, sucking on the flesh of his neck, his red face blushes more bloody. He covers his face with his palms and groans quietly.

The door opens revealing Alberu's figure.

"Eh? Are you having a fever?" Alberu rushes while he asks, worried.

He places his hand on Cale's forehead checking his temperature. Cale blinks, then his scarlet face gradually returns to its normal color as if everything was just Alberu's imagination.

"Why is—" Alberu stops in the middle of his sentence.

He gives a knowing look.

"What's wrong?" Cale tilts his head, pretending nothing's wrong to hide his embarrassment.

However, it was futile. The shell of his ears are still red giving away what his inner thoughts are.

Alberu chuckles, leaning closer to cup his cheeks. Cale pouts letting Alberu do whatever he likes even though he is hella confused with what he is doing.

Their noses brush and Cale can see clearly his own reflection on Alberu's cerulean orbs.

His pupils are dilated. Cale internally thought so.

Alberu pecks his lips in swift movement and so he pulls away, ruffling his hair at the same time.

Fleeting. It was a fleeting touch.

Cale cannot help himself but display his dissatisfaction. His lips taking shape in a straight line, stubbornly not moving in his place. Arms cross on his chest. Face stoic as ever.

Alberu calls out his name, "Cale."

Cale ignores, angling his head away from Alberu, making sure he is not in his sight.

An amused grin takes place on Alberu as he sees Cale sulking. It brings back memories he cherished the most.

And right at this moment, he has this urge to recreate the past. He is not sure if Cale still remembers it but fuck it anway.

Even though the place is not that right, the nights where Cale had been in coma, his heart squeezed in the sheer thought of losing him.

Alberu lightly takes Cale's palm into his, lips pressing on each knuckles and lastly kissing the back of his hand.