Chapter 22:Arm Organization II

Getting out of the car, Alberu stares at the desolate place. His lips form into a straight line. He turns his head to every direction in case there are enemies lurking around, there is none. 

Only abandoned buildings are in front of them. The others have confused expressions on their faces. 

"Fredo, wh-" Bud trails off when he sees the car gone from behind him. He could not help but swear a bunch of nasty words. 

"What the fuck. Leaving us just like that?" Jack pats Bud's shoulder in comfort while laughing a bit hearing the wonderful colorful words Bud had been uttering under his breath.

Alberu cannot help but sigh. The worry intensifies when no foe is in sight. It would be great if there are people because they would know that Cale is in there yet the scene everyone expected to see is not there. 

Really, expect the unexpected. 

"Captain, what do we need to do?" Choi Han asks the question everyone is dreading to ask. 

They did not have the guts to inquire because Alberu's face has darkened the moment they step on the place. Alberu lifts his head up to the sky in time to see a drone from afar. 

Everybody follows the direction where Alberu had laid his eyes on, their faces pale visibly. Alberu stares right at the lens of the camera of the drone, not dodging it like the others he sees from his peripheral vision. 

There is a red light blinking continuously and has been hovering above them from a distance. Observing their every movement they would do. 

Alberu's eyes spark in anger because he knew, behind that drone is the man who had captured Cale. Willingly or not, he is sure Cale is with them. This friend of Cale might be part of the organization they are trying to arrest. 

He cannot help but open his lips to mouth his next words with no sound.

I'll fucking would kill you, asshole.

Alberu then retracts his gaze from it and bows his head down for a while. He inhales and exhales as he flutters his eyes close to restrain the anger building up. Clenching his fist, his nails dig into the flesh drawing blood. He felt a stinging pain before it disappeared. 

Alberu, being preoccupied with what they need to do, silently thinks about their next act. The rest wisely did not bother their captain, scared shitless to make a noise lest they step on a bomb which in fact is in a form of their captain. 

Waiting quietly, the crunching sound of branches being stepped on, hurried footsteps are heard. The blurry figure of a person can be seen from afar running towards their direction. Above the person, an identical drone is flying. 

But there is a difference. 

The drone chasing the unknown figure does not have a camera. It has…

"Guys, is that a gun?" Clopeh squints to make sure he is not wrong. 

"You're right. It is a gun attached to the drone." Witira confirms their thoughts. 

"That's a Smash Dragon! Quick, we need to take cover." Mary says, pulling the person close to her. 

"Wait, we need to save her. Look, she's bleeding." After finishing saying his words, Jack starts to run towards the woman, stretching his arm for her to take. 

The Smash Dragon, sensing another person, starts to strike its targets. It starts to shoot with accuracy, a bullet flying towards Jack. Jack, with his keen sense of danger, quickly dodges it and pulls the woman who held his palm.

"CAPTAIN!"

Alberu hasten looks towards the situation. He decides.

"Follow me!" Alberu calmly shouts, dashing towards one of the abandoned houses he sees near them. 

Joint CaseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara