Chapter 3: Arc 1- Missing Person Case I

Alberu ignored the cries of pain of Cale.

Because he knows the fact, he did not grab Cale roughly. He makes sure he carefully grabs him.

Alberu would never dare hurt Cale. His person who he had loved and still loves in the past until now.

Alberu doesn't really know what to feel. He did not expect Cale to be the commander of SS.

He thought Cale would just laze around like what he said to him in the past.

That he would be a slacker, but look, he is pulling him now towards their office.

"It's time for you to explain. " Alberu released Cale's arm and looked at him in the eyes.

The reddish-brown eyes looked back at his own blue eyes.

Alberu knows Cale like the back of his hand but sometimes, in moments like this, he does not know what's going inside his head.

"What is there to explain Hyung? I'm the leader of SS and that's it. We were transferred here. I did not know you would be here like a week ago before I have read the report. "

Alberu scrutinizes Cale's face in hopes to see some movements to know if he lied but he cannot see anything.

Cale still wore his stoic expression that have a little bit of confusion.

Alberu heard Cale chuckle.

'Damn it, Cale! It's been years since we last saw each other and now you're laughing! It's making my heart skip a beat! '

Alberu ignored his loud beating heart and looked over at Cale.

He is still the handsome boy in the past nevertheless a more attractive man currently.

'My poor heart. '

"Aigoo, Hyung. Let's go straight to the business and catch up later. About the missing person case. I think, I already found what the victims have in common. Here are the files my team gathered before coming here." Cale gave him the files.

The browned folder has papers in it about the victims. Alberu could see some details his team did not gather.

"And oh, before we transferred here by the higher-ups, we had a missing person case and it matched with your ongoing case. Maybe that's why the higher-ups decided to transfer us to help you guys. And permanently I must say. "

Both eyes of Alberu widen in surprise.

"I thought it was just temporary? "
Cale just shrugged and walked towards the couch.

He sat down and put his legs on the coffee table making himself comfortable.

"Those damn higher-ups, I don't know what's going inside their minds. " Cale uttered shutting his eyes.

Alberu just smiles slightly feeling a little bit nostalgic seeing Cale making himself comfortable.

It brings up memories Alberu remembered clearly.

As Alberu examines the documents on his table.

Cale opened his eyes to stare at Alberu's side profile before closing his eyes again but with a grin on his face before it disappeared swiftly.

***

Choi Han scanned the meeting room.

He must say it was very shabby and not like theirs back in their branch.

Ordinary chairs, almost a broken projector, white walls, and even the table seem to be old.

The legs might give up anytime. Choi Han somewhat feels uncomfortable in this new environment.